If you are looking for an appetizer that is delicious and unique, look no further than roasted red pepper bruschetta.
A few months ago a friend and I hosted a fun girl’s night out craft night. I put together three fun crafts I found on Pinterest, gathered the supplies and invited some friends to join in the fun. Of course there had to be food too. What would a girl’s night out be without food. My friend Marsha provided all the sweet treats and they were yummy. I need to get a few recipes from her and share them with you. I provided the savory treats.
It has been several years since I made this roasted red pepper bruschetta and it was sounding so good to me. I love the flavor of a roasted red pepper and when you add some garlic, balsamic vinegar, basil and olive oil it is even yummier.
How To Roast Red Peppers
It is so easy to roast your own red peppers at home.
I love to serve it on little crisp toasts to make a bruschetta out of it. Just slice your bread, brush it with olive oil and place under the broiler until they are golden brown. Then just add the roasted red pepper mixture on top.
The roasted red peppers could be used so many other yummy ways too. Add it to pasta, into some eggs, onto a sandwich, into a soup. Pretty much endless possibilities.
And you could always just grab a fork and dig in! So yummy.
Check out these other roasted red pepper recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta
- 8 red peppers
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced and divided
- 1/2 C chopped basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 C olive oil divided
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 french baguette
- pepper to taste
Roasted Red Peppers
- Slice peppers in half and seed
- Place on cookie sheet and put under broiler until charred
- Flip over and repeat on other side
- Place in a grown paper bag and allow to steam, until cooled
- Peel away skin
- Slice into thin slices
- In a bowl combine 1 Tbsp garlic, peppers, basil and oregano.
- Add in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine
- Marinade in refrigerator 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Brush sliced bread with remaining olive oil.
- Place on baking sheet and put under broiler until golden brown.
- Serve with peppers on top.