Toasted sliced bread topped with tomatoes, basil, capers, olives and bacon! A perfect party appetizer or enjoy as a meal!
We pretty much live by the motto “Everything is better with bacon” at our house.
One of our favorite recipes to make this time of year, when the tomatoes are running rampant is bruschetta. Sometimes it is our entire meal. We recently discovered that our favorite bruschetta is even better with bacon!
What is Bruschetta?
It is a combination of fresh diced tomatoes, fresh sliced basil, olive oil, chopped black olives, capers and some salt and pepper.
It is usually served on top of some toasted slices of bread or crostini.
How to Make Bacon Bruschetta?
- Chop tomatoes and basil.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- Fry bacon until crispy.
- Toast bread. This helps prevent bread from getting too soggy from the tomato juices.
- Put a scoop of bruschetta on top of toasted bread.
- Add a sprinkle of cooked bacon on top and enjoy.
Do I Have to Peel the Tomatoes?
I don’t peel the tomatoes but you can if you would like. You can follow my directions for peeling tomatoes here.
How to Make Crostini
This mixture is served on some toasted baguette or crostini.
- Slice the bread
- Brush with a little bit of olive oil
- Place under the broiler
Now the bruschetta really can be a complete meal – it includes a grain, vegetable and a protein!!
For some other bacon goodness check out these recipes:
- Roasted Bacon Cheesy Potatoes
- Mexican Caesar Wedge Salad
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Drizzled with Maple Syrup
- Broccoli Pasta Salad
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Bacon Bruschetta Recipe
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tomato chopped, about a cup or so
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil sliced
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1 Tbsp chopped olives
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 bacon cooked until crisp and crumbled
- sliced baguette
- olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together
- The longer the mixture sits the more the flavors meld together.
- Slice bread, brush with olive oil and broil.
- Cook bacon until crisp and crumble.
- Top bread with tomato mixture.
- Add bacon to the top of tomato mixture.