Roasted Balsamic Asparagus is a fun flavor twist on the classic roasted asparagus.
The Farmer’s Market season is in full swing here in the Portland area. There are so many great ones to choose from. You will usually find us at one or the other every Saturday morning during the spring and summer. I love buying and cooking with fresh local produce. Eating real food not only is better for you, it just tastes better!
For the last few weeks I have been picking up a bunch of these beauties every week! Asparagus is one of our favorite vegetables at our house.
I love the flavors in this roasted asparagus. The brown butter combined with balsamic vinegar and soy sauce turns this asparagus into something special. You want your brown butter to just turn golden brown. Keep an eye on it because it can go from perfect to burned very quickly!
One of my favorite things about roasted asparagus is how quickly it comes together. Because I prefer and use thin asparagus it only takes about 5 minutes in the oven. Make the brown butter sauce while it’s roasting and you have a delicious side dish in a matter of minutes!
Some of my other favorite vegetable recipes:
My favorite kitchen items I used to make this Roasted Balsamic Asparagus:
- SHEET PAN – I have at least six of these in my kitchen. I use them everyday. The 13 x 18 size is perfect and I use them for everything!
- REDMOND REAL SALT – this is my favorite, daily use salt. It’s unrefined, unprocessed, just the way nature made it!
- For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Balsamic Asparagus Recipe
- 1 bunch about 20-25 spears of asparagus, trim off white, woody ends
- olive oil
- sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place asparagus on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast in oven just until tender.
- Time will vary depending on size of asparagus, 5-10 minutes.
- While roasting melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Cook until the butter turns brown. Do not let it burn!
- Add balsamic vinegar and soy sauce.
- Remove asparagus from oven and place on serving dish.
- Drizzle with browned butter mixture and eat immediately.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.