This patriotic 4th of July Cookie Bark is sweet and salty and the perfect way to show your red, white and blue!
If you are looking for some other holiday themed cookie bars be sure and check out this Easter Bark, Leprechaun Bark and Christmas Cookie Bark.
I love the Fourth of July. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my ancestors came over on the Mayflower and I have relatives that fought in the Revolution War but I love America!!
We usually spend the Fourth of July at the Oregon Coast with a bonfire and s’mores making on the beach watching the fireworks. During the day there is a BBQ and a good old fashioned, small town 4th of July parade!
What better way to celebrate the Fourth than with some red, white and blue food and treats!?
Another thing I love the combination of sweet and salty in this cookie bark thanks to the addition of pretzels.
Cookie Bark Ingredients
- White Candy Melts. You can also use white almond bark.
- Oreo Cookies
- M & M’s
How to Make 4th of July Cookie Bark
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the table or a baking sheet.
- Crush up 12 cookies and 1 1/2 cups of pretzels.
- Place crushed cookies, pretzels and 3/4 cups of M & M’s on the parchment paper.
- Pour melted chocolate over the top. I melt it in the microwave but you can also melt in a sauce pan on the stove top.
- Use a spoon or offset spatula to help spread the chocolate over the ingredients.
- Sprinkle the top with reserved M & M’s and sprinkles before chocolate sets up.
- Allow bark to harden up. You can speed up the process by putting it in the refrigerator.
- Once it is set up, using a knife to cut the bark into pieces or just break it with your hands.
How Long Will Cookie Bark Last?
Stored in an airtight container cookie bark will last for 1-2 weeks.
It makes a great treat for a holiday party or to give as a gift. Get creative and think up your own combination of sweet and savory for some cookie bark. Let me know what you come up with.
For more of our favorite 4th of July holiday treats check out these posts:
- 4th of July Fruit Pizza
- Patriotic Cheese Board
- Red, White and Blue M & M Blondies
- 4th of July Ice Cream Soda Bar
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos
Originally posted June 22, 2010
Leave a Review