Turn a regular store bought donut into a cute little pumpkin donut in just a few steps.
I am a big fan of Halloween and even though my husband and I are now empty nesters we celebrate big. This year I decided to create some pumpkin donuts.
How to Make Pumpkin Donuts
This treat is easy and fun to make.
- Purchase unglazed cakeI donuts at your local donut shop.
- Make a glaze using powdered sugar and milk. You just want a nice smooth consistency that is easy to dip into.
- Add in orange food coloring.
- Dip top side of donut into glaze.
- Gently shake the donut after dipping it so you get a nice smooth surface.
- Add sprinkles
- Place them on a parchment paper covered surface to dry and let the glaze set up.
How to Make Pumpkin Stem and Leaf
Every pumpkin needs a stem and a leaf. I used some fun Halloween straws I picked up at the Dollar Tree or you could also use pretzel sticks like I did on the Apple Donuts. The pumpkin leaf is cut out of some green apple fruit leather I got at WinCo. I just cut out a leaf that somewhat resembles a pumpkin leaf. Use the straw or pretzel to push the leaf down into the donut.
And there you have it, a pumpkin donut or a donut pumpkin!
They are just too cute!
And I had way too much fun taking photos of them!
And if you need even more fun donut ideas check out: