These Nacho Potato Skins are the perfect combination of two favorite game watching foods! They are sure to be a winner no matter which team wins the ball game!
Nachos and Potato Skins are always a hit at our house so I decided to combine the two into one delicious football watching treat. But, if you don’t like football (like me), you’re still going to love these Nacho Potato Skins! No football watching required to enjoy a few of these
How to Make Potato Skins
- Bake medium size russet potatoes at 400 degrees F until they are cooked through. (30-40 minutes) Use a fork to poke each potato a few times before baking to prevent them from breaking open. The baking time will vary depending on the size of your potato.
- Let them cool until you can handle them without burning yourself. They will be hotter on the inside than the outside.
- Cut them half and scoop out the meat of the potato. Leave a thin layer, about 1/4 inch thick, of potato inside the potato skin.
Can Potato Skins Be Made Ahead
These are the perfect make ahead appetizer. Bake the potatoes the day before, remove the meat inside and cover them with some plastic wrap and stick them in the fridge until ready to fill and serve.
Loaded Potato Skins
- When you are ready to serve the potato skins, remove from the fridge and brush the inside of each skin with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake them at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
What To Fill Loaded Potato Skins with
- Shredded Meat. You can use any leftover meat you might have on hand such as shredded chicken, pork or beef.
- Beans. Refried beans work great but I prefer black beans and this is my favorite black bean recipe. You can always use them straight out of the can too!
- Cheese. Grated shredded cheddar, Pepper Jack, Colby or Monterey Jack.
- Green onion
- Black olive
- Tortilla strips
I start with the beans, then the meat and then add the cheese and pop them back in the oven to let the cheese melt for a few minutes. Then add on your other favorite nacho toppings.
Please don’t wait until the next big game day to make these! Enjoy them year round! Dress them up, dress them down, dress them however you like them!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Nacho Potato Skins
Nacho Potato Skins
- Russett Potatoes 1 potato makes 2 skins
- melted butter
- garlic salt
- black beans or refried beans
- shredded meat beef or chicken, pork
- cheddar cheese grated
- green onion chopped
- black olives sliced
- tortilla strips
- Prick potatoes with a fork and cover in foil. Bake in a 400 degree F oven until potatoes are soft and cooked through.
- Allow potatoes to cool until they are cool enough to hand.e
- Cut in half lengthwise.
- With a spoon scoop out the inside leaving a 1/4 inch of potato.
- Brush insides of potato with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt
- Bake for 10 minutes in 400 degree oven.
- Fill potatoes with beans, meat and cheese.
- Put back in oven until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with remaining toppings.