This Mummy Brie and spooky cheese & cracker board are the perfect addition to a grown up Halloween party!
Halloween is not just for kids! We adults like to get in on the fun too. And an adult Halloween party needs to have appetizers that are festive, but also delicious! One of my favorite easy appetizers is a cheese board. This black slate cheeseboard was the perfect choice for Halloween.
I used an assortment of cheese – gouda, cheddar and gruyere. Added some dark purple grapes, marcona olives and crackers!
I also wanted to serve Brie, one of my favorite cheeses, so I dressed it up for Halloween by wrapping it in pastry crust. Mummy Brie is always a huge hit.
How to Make Wrapped Brie
- To make it extra scary, I added a layer of raspberry jam to the brie before I wrapped it up.
- Wrap the brie in puff pastry. Cover the entire brie with one sheet of dough.
- Then turned it upside down so the edges of the dough were underneath.
- Brush the entire thing with an egg wash.
- Cut the second sheet of dough into 3/4″ strips and use the strips to wrap the brie like a mummy
- Add another brush of egg wash and two almond eyes.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Then cut into it and enjoy.
I love how the cheese and jam oozes out of the mummy! So scary and delicious!!
You can also check out more of my favorite Halloween Appetizers!
Mummy Brie Recipe
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 8 oz. wheel of Brie
- 3 Tbsp raspberry jam
- 2 whole almonds
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place one sheet of phyllo dough on it.
- Add jam to center of dough and place wheel of brie on top.
- Cut puff pastry to a circle about 3 inches larger than the brie.
- Wrap the pastry around the brie, pressing edges closed.
- Turn brie over.
- Cover with egg wash.
- Cut remaining sheet of pastry into 3/4 inch strips.
- Cover brie with strips, wrapping it like a mummy.
- Cover with egg wash.
- Add almond eyes and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with crackers
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.