This yummy Mummy Brie is the perfect addition to any Halloween party! The puff pastry is filled with brie and raspberry jam and your guests will love it when the cheese and jam ooze out when cutting into it!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
Halloween is not just for kids! We adults like to get in on the fun too. One of my favorite yearly parties is our adult Halloween dinner party. Mummy brie is the perfect appetizer for an adult holiday gathering but the kids will love it too. It’s festive and delicious! It only requires five ingredients and just takes minutes to put together. It can be prepped ahead and then baked when ready to serve. This Halloween baked brie is best served warm, right out of the oven.
- Brie Cheese
- Puff Pastry (2 sheets)
- Raspberry Jam
How to Make Mummy Brie
- Roll out puff pastry sheet onto a baking sheet.
- Gently press the lid of the brie container lightly into the pastry to mark where the jam will go.
- Add a layer of raspberry jam in the center of the puff pastry, the same size as the brie.
- Place brie on top of jam.
- Fold pastry over the brie. Cover the entire brie with one sheet of dough.
- Place it seam side down onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the entire thing with an egg wash.
- Cut the second sheet of dough into 3/4″ strips and use the strips to wrap the brie like a mummy. Add strips over top of brie. Discard scraps.
- Add another brush of egg wash and two almond eyes.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Cut into it and enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use something other than almonds?
You could use raisins, dried cranberry, black olives, blueberries or mini pepperonis for the eyes on your mummy brie.
How can I rewarm leftover mummy brie?
I place it in a baking dish and then cover with foil. Place in a 300 degree F oven and bake until warmed through and cheese is melted.
I love how the cheese and jam oozes out of the mummy brie! So scary and delicious!!
Try these other delicious recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 8 oz. wheel of Brie
- 3 Tbsp raspberry jam
- 2 whole almonds
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place one sheet of phyllo dough on it.
- Gently press the lid of the brie lightly into the dough.
- Add jam to center of dough and place wheel of brie on top.
- Wrap the pastry around the brie, pressing edges closed and turn brie over so seam is down.
- Cover puff pastry with egg wash.
- Cut remaining sheet of pastry into 3/4 inch strips.
- Cover brie with strips, wrapping it like a mummy.
- Cover with egg wash.
- Add almond eyes and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with crackers