Welcome to Jessica Erin from Stuck on Sweet! I am so excited about her recipe and can’t wait to try it out! I love mini cookies and these are so pretty drizzled in chocolate. Be sure to visit Stuck On Sweet to enter to win a Blendtec Blender and then check out what Mique and Cindy are sharing as part of the Craft and Sew!
Hello Everyone! This is Jessica Erin from Stuck On Sweet and I am so excited to be part of the Handmade Holidays Series: Bake, Craft, Sew for the second year in row! Last year I shared these delicious Candied Pecans…be careful…be very careful because they are addicting…nah it’s the holidays, diet starts in January right?
On to more delicious gift ideas! This year I am excited to share these Mini Chocolate Drizzle Cookies as part of the edible food gifts of Handmade Holidays!
Cookies are such a fun edible gift that everyone, no matter what age, will love. I decided to take a chocolate chip cookie and simply bake them without the chocolate chips. Instead, I melted some milk chocolate and white chocolate and drizzled it all over the cookies because, well, it was much prettier and festive and that’s what holidays are all about right? Delicious and festive food!
I decided to use a small cookie dough scoop (2 teaspoons) to measure out the cookies because I wanted them to be tiny and cute. Why are mini things always so fun? It also allows you to eat a few more cookies and not feel so guilty, too 😉
These cutie pies are the perfect size to wrap up in a festive bag or put in a decorative tin like the one pictured in this post. Thank you Target dollar bin!
As I mentioned, I decided to drizzle chocolate on top of the cookies which gave them a beautiful and fun look. I simply used almond bark, but you can also use white and milk chocolate chips as well. Feel free to have fun and use some sprinkles too. Everything is more fun with sprinkles…
I hope you enjoy the Handmade Holiday Series – there are some delicious and very creative ideas out there!
As part of the Handmade Holidays Series, we are giving away a Blendtec Blender (woot! woot!) so make sure to head over to Stuck On Sweet to enter!
Mini Chocolate Drizzle Cookies
- Chocolate Almond Bark and White Chocolate Almond Bark melted (regular chocolate chips would work too)
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Next add the egg and egg yolk along with the vanilla and mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- With the mixer on low-speed, gradually dry the bowl of dry ingredients until combined.
- Measure 2 teaspoons of dough and drop them on the cook sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes until lightly browned on the edges. Let cool completely.
- After cookies have cooled, place them on parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals stirring after each interval until melted.
- Using a spoon drizzle the chocolate on top of the cookies or simply dip the cookies in the chocolate and place back on the parchment paper until chocolate has set.