These hazelnut lemon pork chops are my go to pork chop recipe. They are quick and easy to prepare and the flavor is amazing.
I have a lot of lemon recipes here on blog and the majority of them are sweet recipes. Today we have a savory lemon recipe. This lemon pork chop recipe is simple and quick to prepare. And one of our families favorite ways to serve pork chops. The recipe comes from my favorite cookbook – the Portland Junior League’s “Portland’s Palate”.
This is pretty much my go to “I don’t know what to fix for dinner solution.” I try to always keep some thin cut pork chops in the freezer, I always have lemons on hand. And I grab whatever nuts I have in the pantry although I like hazelnuts the best.
And even though a lot of the flavor in these lemon pork chops comes from the lemon juice, don’t skip the lemon pepper. It is an important ingredient in this recipe and gives the pork chops a distinct taste. It’s a good thing to keep on hand in your pantry!
Keep some pork chops in the freezer and a few lemons on hand and you are only about ten minutes away from a delicious dinner!
Some of my other favorite pork chop recipes:
- Smothered Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops
- Herbed Pan Fried Pork Chops
- Chipotle Pork Chops with Tomato Onion Relish
Hazelnut Lemon Pork Chop Recipe
Hazelnut Lemon Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork loin chops 1/2 inch thick and trimmed
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped hazelnuts
- 4 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon peel
- Fresh lemon slices for garnish
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt butter
- Season chops on both sides with garlic salt and lemon pepper
- Place chops in saute pan and brown until pork is tender
- -7 minutes per side
- Remove chops to serving plate
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts and set aside
- Stir lemon juice into drippings in saute pan and heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly
- Spoon over cooked chops and sprinkle with lemon peel
- To serve, garnish each chop with a fresh lemon slice
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.