This Sunday is Easter and many of you may have ham on the menu. We’re having pork tenderloin at our house, a little non traditional. Traditionally people serve their ham with potatoes, usually scalloped potatoes or as we like to call them at our house “funeral potatoes.” I plan on being non traditional in the potato department too because I am serving these yummy lemon herb roasted potatoes! Lemon is traditional when it comes to Easter after all.
As many of you know I am not a huge potato fan but these babies were good! I used red potatoes and cut them up to bite size pieces. They are then placed in a bath of chicken broth, lemon juice, garlic and Oregano. It may look like a lot of liquid but it will be o.k., I promise.
I cooked mine in a glass 9 x 13 but next time I would use a disposable aluminum foil pan because your dish ends up getting pretty dark and black! Clean up is much easier when you can just throw the pan away. I only used 2.5 pounds of potatoes since it was just Jim and I. Using 5 lbs. would feed 4-6 people.
I garnished mine with some fresh parsley for added flavor and prettiness! The flavor is amazing.
Try these other yummy potato recipes:
Herb Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes
- 3 lb. red potatoes cut in half or quartered depending on size
- 3 C chicken broth
- 1/2 C fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 C olive oil
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place cubed potatoes in 9 x 13 pan (foil pan recommended)
- Mix together chicken broth, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, pepper and garlic.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours stirring every 20 minutes as they bake.
- Add more liquid if needed ( I didn't have to)
- Liquid will evaporate the final 20 minutes or so.
- Be sure to stir so they don't burn.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.