This easy Greek Salad recipe combines all your favorite flavors and ingredients of this classic Mediterranean salad with the extra bonus of quinoa.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
My slightly non traditional Greek Salad. A traditional Greek salad is made with veggies like fresh tomato, cucumber, Kalamata olives along with red onion (which I forgot in the photos). It is topped with Feta Cheese and a delicious Greek Salad Dressing. This is my easy, slightly non traditional version. I added in some quinoa and chickpeas to give the salad some extra protein and I used romaine lettuce.
- Tomatoes. Use cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes or dice up a Roma tomato
- Kalamata Olives
- Romaine Lettuce, optional
- Red Onion
- Feta Cheese. You can also use Gorgonzola cheese
- Quinoa. This is optional but adds extra protein and texture.
- Dressing. A Greek salad is traditionally dressed with a dressing made with olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dried oregano and Dijon mustard. I recommend my homemade Greek Salad Dressing.
How To Make Greek Quinoa Salad
- Cook quinoa following package directions. Fluff with a fork
- Place romaine lettuce in a bowl.
- Add cool quinoa, chickpeas, veggies and cheese.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Whisk dressing right before adding it to salad to incorporate all of the seasoning.
- If you want to enjoy the salad over multiple days, prepare the salad without adding the lettuce and dressing. Portion out what you would like to serve and add the lettuce and dressing right before eating.
- Cook quinoa using your Instant Pot for perfectly fluffy quinoa.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will Greek salad last?
If you need the salad to last longer than one day, don’t add in the romaine lettuce until ready to serve or leave it out all together. Without the lettuce it will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I add meat to this salad?
It would be delicious with some grilled chicken or salmon add in! It would take it from a side dish to a main dish.
Check out more of my favorite recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 1 cup chickepeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cucumber chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes can also chop up a Roma tomato
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Place lettuce in bowl
- Cook quinoa by combining two cups of water to one cup of quinoa. Bring to a boil, add lid and turn down to low and simmer and cook for 15 minutes until the water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy. Fluff with a fork
- Top with cooked cooled quinoa
- Add vegetables
- Add dressing and toss to coat
- Top with feta cheese