Lemon Dream Cookies are a cute and yummy little sandwich cookie. A bite size cookie filled with lots of lemon goodness.
Lemon Sandwich Cookie
I think lemon is definitely the flavor of Spring and even though I enjoy the flavor all year round, I just can’t enough of it in the Spring. As soon as I feel Spring in the air my lemon cravings go into overtime. These Lemon Dream Cookies are lemon heaven! They are a cute and yummy little sandwich cookie
The cookie is a made up of two very light, small sugar cookies with a yummy lemon curd frosting mixture sandwiched in between.
How to Make Lemon Dream Cookies
- Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie cutter. I actually used my grandmother’s old biscuit cutter. You can make the cookies bigger or smaller if you like, just by using a different size cutter.
- Rolling out cookie dough can be a bit tricky to get it nice and even. I share one of my favorite tricks for getting even cookie dough over on this post.
- This dough can be a bit crumbly initially. Use your hands to bring the dough together and add 1 -2 teaspoons of water if needed.
- You want your dough to be about 1/4″ thick. If it ends up thinner you will just have a crisper cookie which is totally delicious too and you can just decrease your baking time a bit too.
- Since you are making lemon sandwich cookies, you want an even number of cookies! Allow the cookies to cool completely before adding the filling. Of course if you end of with an odd number, no problem. Just snack on the odd cookie!
- You want to be careful not to put too much frosting on the cookie or your top cookie will slide off. I found it best to put on enough frosting so that it didn’t quite come to the edge of the cookie. It gave it a little room to spread once the top cookie is placed on.
- After filling and sandwiching all the cookies together dust the top of them with some powdered sugar. They just look prettier that way.
Lemon Dreams are the perfect bite size cookie. They would be perfect for an Easter brunch, a luncheon, bridal or baby shower. Not only are they delicious but they look so pretty on the serving plate. They are pretty and delicious!
Other favorite lemon treats
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Lemon Dream Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 ½ - 2 cup powdered sugar
- Cream butter, powdered sugar, & vanilla.
- Add flour & mix till smooth.
- Dough may be crumbly, use your hands to bring the dough together. If it is still too dry add 1-2 teaspoons of water.
- Roll out with to 1/4" thick on a floured surface.
- Cut out with 1 ½” cookie cutter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool. (Because I rolled mine out a bit thinner I only baked them for 10 minutes)
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, & salt. Stir in water, egg, lemon juice, and butter.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Put a spoonful of filling on one cookie and top with another cookie.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Originally posted April 3, 2009
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.