This fruit salad is a combination of fresh berries and bananas and is perfectly sweet topped with a light honey lemon dressing.
Fruit is the perfect compliment to any meal. This Lemon and Fruit Summer Salad is light and delicious. Autumn Apple Salad has great texture and crunch. I love the addition of mango to this Quinoa Salad.
This salad comes together so easily. The fruit is drizzled with honey, lemon juice and poppy seeds and it is ready to serve.
What Kind of Fruit to Use in Fruit Salad
I change the fruit up depending on the season.’
Summer/Spring Fruit Salad. I love using a combination of berries such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and banana.
Fall/Winter Fruit Salad. Apples, pears, oranges, kiwi and grapes work well. At the holidays I love to add in some pomegranate seeds.
How to Make Fruit Salad
- Wash your fruit, slice and assemble in a bowl. For this salad I use a combination of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and bananas.
Honey Lemon Dressing
For the dressing I used a simple yet delicious combination of lemon juice, honey and some poppy seeds. The dressing enhances the flavor of the fruit without overpowering it.
- Drizzle the fruit with honey.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the fruit and then toss to coat fruit with honey and juice.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Keep fruit salad chilled until ready to serve.
How to Keep Bananas From Turning Brown After Slicing.
Bananas begin to turn brown quickly after being sliced. Bananas contain high levels of chemicals that contain iron. They oxidize when they hit the air and cause the banana to turn brown.
The lemon juice that is added to the fruit as part of the dressing will halt the browning process.
For All Of My Other Favorite Kitchen Products And Tools Visit My Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Honey Fruit Salad Recipe
Fruit Salad with Honey
- 2 medium firm bananas sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 5 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp poppy seeds
- Combine fruit in a large bowl
- Drizzle with lemon juice and honey and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds
- Refrigerate until ready to serve