Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffins are not only the perfect way to use up ripe bananas but they are also the perfect way to start the day or accompany a cup of tea.
We love muffins at our house and when the kids were at home we use to have Muffin Mondays. The perfect way to start the week. You can find all of our favorite muffin recipes here. These cinnamon roll muffins are almost as good as cinnamon rolls and these apple muffins are one of my favorites.
When you find yourself with a few ripe bananas what do you do? Is banana bread your go to? If you haven’t ever tried my BEST banana bread recipe, you must! I have been told over and over again that it is truly the best. Well, I had some ripe bananas on my counter last week and decided I needed to mix things up a bit so I decided it was the perfect time to make some Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffins. It is a fun dressed up version of a banana muffin.
I love the combination of the bananas and cinnamon and it was a hit with my family too. You can also find that banana and cinnamon combo in this recipe for Bananas Foster.
How to Make Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffins
The cinnamon flavor in these muffins comes from the cinnamon chips and some powdered cinnamon. Cinnamon chips can be a bit hard to find. You can usually find them at the holidays so I generally stock up then and just keep them in my freezer. You can also find them on Amazon and stock up there. If you just can’t find them or don’t want to order them I would double the amount of cinnamon to give the muffins more cinnamon flavor without the chips.
The combination of bananas, sour cream and oil make for a nice moist muffin.
Tips for Perfect Muffins
- Always mix wet and dry ingredients separately, adding wet into dry.
- Only mix muffin batter until dry ingredients are incorporated. Over mixing muffins makes them tough. You want tender muffins.
- Get evenly sized muffins by using this scoop.
- I like to line my muffin tins with cupcake liners for easy removal and serving..
Some of our other favorite muffins are:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffin Recipe
Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 ripe mashed banana
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C sour cream or plain Greek yogurt not low fat
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C cinnamon chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine the mashed banana, sugar, sour cream, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla together. Mix until combined.
- Add all the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until the ingredients are mixed well. Do not over stir.
- Fold in the chips
- Fill the well-greased or lined muffin tins about 2/3 to 3/4 full
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
If you’ve tried these Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffinsor any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Originally posted Nov. 8, 2010