Blueberry Corn Salad may sound like an unusual combo, but the flavor combination is a summer salad win! (Jump to Recipe)
This is such an amazing time of year for fresh produce. I love going to the farmer’s market and seeing all the fresh fruits and vegetables that are available. Eating something, fresh from the farm, in season is the best. The two things that I have had on repeat lately and am buying every time I go to the market is farm fresh corn on the cob and blueberries. Oregon knows how to grow blueberries.
You may think the combination of corn and blueberries is a bit strange, but trust me, it is a delightful one. Not only does it taste good but it is so PRETTY!! Add a little red pepper and red onion it it make it even prettier and delicious!
My friend April first introduced us to the combination of blueberry and corn salad several years ago. And each year I look forward to August when corn and blueberries are available at the farmer’s market.
How to Make Corn Salad
- Start with fresh corn on the cob and cut the corn off the cob. You are going to use the corn, raw. No need to cook it. I used 3 ears of corn. I like to use the bicolor corn but you can use yellow or white if you prefer.
- Combine your corn, 2 cups of blueberries, 1 red pepper diced and a tablespoon or two of chopped red onion. It doesn’t get much prettier than all those colors together in one bowl!
- The addition of a light dressing made of olive oil and rice wine vinegar is the perfect way to bring it all together. I usually a sprinkle of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper too. Just add some salt and pepper to taste and you are ready to go.
You will have to trust me on this. Corn and blueberries make a great combo! And I know you will agree once you give it a taste.
Check out more of my favorite summer salads:
Blueberry and Corn Salad Recipe
Blueberry Corn Salad
- 3 ears of corn uncooked, remove corn from cobs
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. chopped red onion
- 1 sweet red pepper diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or sherry vinegar
- dash cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Stir to combine flavors. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Join me on my Facebook page for more great recipes.