White Chocolate Peppermint Blondies are buttery, soft and chewy. They are simple to make and a perfect holiday treat.
What is the difference between a brownie and a blondie?
The main difference is chocolate. A brownie is made with cocoa powder and a blondie is not. A blondie has more of a vanilla flavor and made with white sugar and brown sugar. Blondies are blonde brownies.
They are also made with melted butter which gives them a soft chewy texture.
You can add in whatever mix-ins you like and today’s version uses white chocolate chips and peppermint extract with chocolate and crushed candy cane on top.
How to Make White Chocolate Peppermint Blondies
- Mix together your blondie ingredients. Mixing just until incorporated.
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper or foil. This makes it much easier to remove the blondies from the pan.
- Pat down the batter down into the lined pan.
I line my 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper. It makes it much easier to remove the blondies from the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until they are golden brown on top.
- Allow them to cool in the pan for 14 minutes and then remove from the pan by lifting up on the paper.
- In the microwave melt some white chocolate chips. Drizzle over the top of the blondies. If the chocolate is not the right consistency to drizzle, add just a bit of vegetable oil into it.
- Drizzle with semi sweet or dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
Allow the chocolate to set up and harden before slicing. If you are in a hurry put them in the refrigerator for 10-15 to get the chocolate to set up.
Tips for Making Peppermint Bark Blondies
- Mix Ins. You can use up to two cups of mix ins. Nuts, M & M’s, toffee chips, chocolate chips, the possibilities are endless!
- Flavoring. For this blondie we used peppermint but you can use vanilla, almond or get creative
- Butter. I always melt the butter because it makes for a softer, chewier blondie.
- Sugar. I like to use a combination of white and brown sugar but you can use all of one or the other. Using all brown sugar will change the taste and make the blondies sweeter but still delicious!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
White Chocolate Peppermint Blondies Recipe
White Chocolate Peppermint Blondie
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 11/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips for drizzling
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips for drizzling
- 1/3 cup candy cane crushed
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil and then spray with baking spray.
- Combine butter and sugars. Beat until fluffy
- Add in eggs and extracts.
- Gradually add in flour and salt until blended.
- Mix in 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a tooth pick comes out only slightly gooey.
- Cool and remove from pan by lifting up the foil.
- Melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and drizzle over blondies
- Melt Semi Sweet chocolate chips and drizzle over blondies.
- Sprinkle with crushed up candy cane while chocolate is still wet.
Originally posted November 22, 2012