This grilled flank steak is always a hit and so easy to prepare. Topping it with chimichurri sauce is perfection.
Whenever my kids are home for a visit and I ask them what they want me to fix for dinner. Flank steak is usually at the top of the list. The week before we had had dinner at a neighbor’s house and she had fixed an amazing flank steak. I of course asked for the recipe.
Cooking for my kids was the perfect opportunity to make it. And I have made twice now since I had it at my neighbors just two weeks ago.
I grilled the flank steak but you can always do it in a grill pan or frying pan on the stove if you don’t have a grill.
The marinated flank steak is very flavorful but, the Chimichurri Sauce is the best part. It is a combination of cilantro, olive oil and vinegar with a little lime juice thrown in! It makes a delicious condiment for the steak. I was first introduced to Chimichurri Sauce when we visited Argentina several years ago where our son served as a missionary for our church. I was excited to try it at home.
Let’s just say it sure beats ketchup! Any leftovers would be delicious served on a salad.
- Here are some of my other favorite flank steak recipes:
- Fast Fire Flank Steak
- Korean Grilled Beef
- Flank Steak with Pesto
Marinated Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 flank steak
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper seed and diced
- For additional heat add seeds of pepper
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Mix marinade ingredients in ziploc bag and place 1 flank in bag. Marinate overnight
- Grill marinated meat until desired doneness. Slice across the grain.
- Slice and cover top with sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.