Pea Salad is a classic and easy side dish. A delicious salad of crunchy peas, crispy bacon, cubes of cheddar cheese, and red onion, all covered in a mayonnaise dressing.
Pea Salad is perfect for summer BBQ’s and potlucks and in fact you will always find a bowl of this salad at any party my friend Jane throws. This is her recipe and her go to salad for any party she throws, including her daughter’s wedding reception.
This salad comes together in a matter of minutes. The hardest part of this salad is not eating all the bacon you fry up before you get it into the salad. It is full of pretty color and has lots of great texture too.
What’s in Pea Salad?
Pea Salad is a combination of thawed frozen peas, diced red onion, crispy bacon, and pieces of cheese all covered in a mayonnaise dressing.
How to Make Pea Salad
- I like to use the petite peas you can find in the freezer section. Just thaw the peas first, no need to cook them.
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and stir to coat. This salad is served cold so keep it refrigerated until ready to serve.
- I used red onion but a yellow or white onion would work too.
- Cheddar Cheese is my favorite but feel free to use your favorite, maybe a Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack. I like to cube the cheese but you can also add shredded cheese.
Can You Make Green Pea Salad the Day Ahead?
Yes, you can. In the refrigerator the salad will last 2-3 days. I keep it covered with plastic wrap or foil when it is in the refrigerator.
Other favorite side salads:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Easy Pea Salad Recipe
Easy Pea Salad
- 16 oz. peas frozen and thawed
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese cubed
- 1 lb. bacon fried and crispy
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine and coat. Keep covered in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.