Dulce de Leche Bars are packed with chocolate and creamy caramel goodness.
Dulce de Leche Bars are a delicious combination of my Crock Pot Dulce de Leche Recipe and a buttery, oatmeal cookie base. To make these bars, combine flour, butter, brown sugar and oats.
Use a pastry cutter to combine the ingredients. After it is combined press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Reserve 1/4 cup of the crumb mixture for the topping.
Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from the oven and carefully spread the dulce de leche over the top. Make sure not to lift up the bottom crust.
Then top it with the remaining crumb topping and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting – if you can wait that long.
They like to stick a bit to the edge of the pan. If they do, just run your knife all the way around the edge to loosen them.
Dulce de Leche Bars Recipe
Dulce de Leche Bars
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 1/2 C old fashioned oats
- 1 C packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C butter softened
- 1 1/2 C dulce de leche
- 1 C toffee bits
- 1 C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl combine your flour, oats, sugar and salt.
- Use a pastry blender to cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside 1/4 C of the mixture to use as a topping.
- Press remaining crumbs into the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a small pan warm up your dulce de leche until it is a good spreading consistency.
- Spread dulce de leche over the top of the crust. Be gentle as you spread it so you don't lift up the crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits and chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and enjoy!
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.