One of my favorite emails to get is an email from one of my readers sharing a recipe with me. I love it. A few weeks ago I received just such an email from Jenny and it contains today’s recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. Jenny said, “I have found an amazing chocolate chip cookie recipe since moving to Sammamish. It is usually the first to be eaten up at any event. Trick is to under bake.”
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 3 1/3 C flour 3 cups and 6 tbs
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 C white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 C milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly spray a jelly roll/half size sheet pan (18”X13”) with Pam.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and add in to batter.
- Add in chips and mix until just combined.
- Spread in sprayed Jelly Roll pan.
- Cook for 15- 20 mins. Trick is to not over cook. Cook until the top of the cookies are slightly brown and a little puffed up.
- Allow to cool before cutting-about 1 hour.