These chicken tostadas are delicious, filling, and packed with protein, you won’t believe how quickly you can get this meal to the table!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Today’s recipe for chicken tostadas uses my favorite chicken marinade which is quick, easy and delicious! What more could you ask for you? This recipe is one of those weeknight dinner ideas that you will make over and over again. Not only does it work perfectly with my favorite chicken marinade but it is a perfect way to use any leftover meat you have on hand. It is also a perfect meatless meal too. Instead of adding meat, just add some sautéed or grilled veggies.
- Tostada Shells
- Cheddar cheese grated
- Refried Beans
- Pico or Salsa
How To Make Chicken Tostadas
- Sprinkle with some cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese melts and the edges get a little golden brown. Watch them closely because it doesn’t take long
- Add a layer of refried beans. I use canned refried beans and add a few tablespoons of salsa to them.
- Add diced, marinated chicken, lettuce, more cheese and some salsa and avocado.
You can get creative and come up with your own toppings. It is a great meal for a group because everyone can custom make their own tostada!
Check out more of my favorite chicken recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Chicken Marinade – see note below for link to recipe
- 8 Tostada Shells
- 2 cups cooked, diced marinated chicken or other meat
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 1/2 cup refried beans
- 2 cups lettuce chopped
- 1 cup pico or salsa
- 1 avocado diced
- Sprinkle tostada shells with grated cheese and place under broiler until cheese is melted.
- Add a layer of refried beans to tostada.
- Add cooked, chopped chicken or other meat
- Top with lettuce, pico, avocado and additional grated cheese if desired.