This Oriental Chicken Salad is the perfect copycat of the popular Applebee’s recipe. It’s my favorite salad on their menu and I love making it at home.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
The menu item that I always order at Applebees’s is their their Oriental Chicken Salad and I ALWAYS order it. I was so excited when I discovered a copycat recipe for the salad, especially now that the kids aren’t at home and we aren’t going to Applebees for their birthdays! I can make it at home anytime I want.
Crisp and delicious, the salad dressing is a spot on copy cat of what they serve at the restaurant.
- Cabbage, green and red
- Romaine Lettuce
- Green Onions
- Chow Mein Noodles.
- Rice wine vinegar.
- Dijon mustard
- Sesame oil
- I actually prefer to serve this salad with grilled chicken. I pound my chicken breast into an even thickness, coat it with some olive oil, salt and lemon juice and let it sit for an hour or so in the fridge. Then I grill it or bake it in the oven and then slice it up.
- For a quicker option, you can use frozen, breaded chicken tenderloins or chicken strips from Costco.
- You can buy your almonds toasted but you can easily toast your own in microwave! Place in a single layer on a plate and microwave on high at one minute intervals.
How to Make Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl except for chicken..
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Dress salad with salad dressing.
- Top dressed salad with chicken.
Try one of these other favorite chicken salad recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad
- 6 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 breaded chicken tenderloin or grilled chicken breast
- 2 cups green cabbage chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage chopped
- 6 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 carrot shredded
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds or just throw a handful in like I do.
- 2/3 cup chow mein noodles
- Mix together!