Butter Fudge Fingers live up to their name, buttery and fudgy!!
I have had this recipe sitting, waiting to share with you since August when blog reader Jennie sent it to me.
Jennie and I have something in common – we both grew up on Carnation Chocolate Instant Breakfast! Chocolate for breakfast – yum!! So knowing my love for chocolate and anything with browned butter Jennie shared today’s recipe with me.
If you are like the rest of the world you may be doing a little holiday shopping this weekend – how many of you ventured out today on Black Friday?? I think chocolate and shopping go hand in hand, don’t you? Nothing better than a little chocolate to revive you and give you a second wind to keep going! Got to get those great deals!!
Butter Fudge Fingers will do just that. Not only are they a yummy, fudge, chocolate brownie but the browned butter icing is divine!
So when you get home from your Black Friday shopping spree whip up a batch of these yummy Butter Fudge Fingers and you’ll be ready to hit the stores again tomorrow! And remember chocolate is great for breakfast too!
- 2/3 C butter
- 4 squares semisweet chocolate 1 oz ea.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 C sugar
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/3 C whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 C powdered sugar
- Chocolate chips
- Crisco or butter to thin chocolate if necessary.
- I used both semi sweet and milk chocolate for a two toned effect!
- Melt butter and chocolate together, cool for 10 min.
- In bowl beat eggs and salt until foamy, gradually add sugar, mix well
- Stir in chocolate mixture
- Combine flour and baking powder and gradually add in chocolate mixture
- Pour into greased 15x10 pan
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
- Heat butter over medium heat until nice and brown - you want it a nice deep golden brown but not burned.
- Remove from heat and add cream and vanilla.
- Beat in sugar until smooth and thick.
- Frost and drizzle glaze over the top.
- Melt together
- I put it in a ziploc and cut one of the corners and make stripes over the top going in both directions
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!