Butter Fudge Fingers live up to their name, buttery and fudgy and topped with an amazing brown butter frosting!
Butter Fudge Fingers are a pretty, delicious dressed up brownie. The base layer is a chewy brownie and the top is a brown butter frosting that is amazing! A final drizzle of chocolate finishes it off.
They are perfect for when you are looking for something a little fancier than a classic brownie.
I am a huge fan of brown butter and have a tutorial on how to make brown butter tutorial here. I think brown butter makes everything taste better!
How to Make Butter Fudge Fingers
- Melt butter and chocolate together. This can be done in a pan on the stovetop or you can do it in the microwave. I used squares of semi sweet chocolate but you could also use semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Beat together eggs, salt and sugar together in a bowl.
- Stir in chocolate mixture.
- Combine flour and baking powder and stir into chocolate mixture
- Pour into a greased or parchment lined 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool.
How to Make Brown Butter Frosting
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir until butter begins to foam and turn a golden brown color.
- Remove from heat. It can go from browned to burned pretty quickly. Watch it carefully.
- Add in cream and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into powdered sugar and stir until you have a nice spreading consistency. Add additional powdered sugar if it is too thin, or more cream if it is too thick.
How to Make Chocolate Drizzle
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat or in the microwave, melt chocolate.
- If chocolate is not thin enough to drizzle, add in some vegetable oil to get a nice drizzling consistency.
- Place chocolate in a zip loc bag and clip off the corner and drizzle chocolate over bars.
Allow chocolate to set up before cutting into pieces.
Can Butter Fudge Fingers Be Frozen?
Than can be frozen in an air tight container or wrapped in plastic wrap. They will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Be sure and follow me on YouTube for lots of recipe videos!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Make sure to check out more of my favorite dessert recipes:
Butter Fudge Fingers
- 2/3 cup butter
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Browned Butter Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 1 cup Chocolate chips semisweet
- oil to thin chocolate if necessary
- Melt butter and chocolate together, cool for 10 min.
- In bowl beat eggs and salt until foamy, gradually add sugar, mix well
- Stir in chocolate mixture
- Combine flour and baking powder and gradually add in chocolate mixture
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
Browned Butter Frosting
- In a sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir until it begins to turn golden brown. It can burn easily so be careful.
- Remove from heat and add cream and vanilla.
- Beat in sugar until smooth and thick.
- Frost and drizzle glaze over the top.
- Melt chocolate to a nice drizzling consistency.
- I put it in a ziploc and cut one of the corners and make stripes over the top going in both directions
Originally shared November 27, 2009
Leave a Review