Artichoke Spinach Dip with Chopped Pecans is a delicious appetizer. The addition of pecans to a favorite appetizer adds flavor and texture.
I love a good artichoke dip.
I have shared a couple of yummy recipes here on the blog. There was Artichoke and Spinach Dip and Roasted Garlic and Artichoke Dip. Both are so good. Since I live by the philosophy that you can never have too many good recipes I have another variation on a theme for you today.
The ladies in our neighborhood had a belated Mother’s Day luncheon last week. We like to sit outside so we had to wait for a day when it wasn’t raining. That day finally arrived last Friday so we jumped at the chance to get together. Everyone was asked to bring a salad or a dessert. I decided to bring an appetizer – I’m a rebel like that.
I don’t think anyone was disappointed though.
This recipe was shared by my friend Rachel. Rachel knows a good recipe when she sees it.
This version uses cheddar cheese and is topped with chopped pecans. Yum!
So if you have a holiday party or BBQ to go to this week and you are asked to bring a salad or dessert bring this instead. I promise everyone will be glad you did.
I served it with a sliced baguette. But it would be great with crackers or even some veggies. As a matter of fact, it would be good just straight, right off the spoon too!
Artichoke Spinach Dip with Chopped Pecans
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 C finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 C fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 1 14 oz. can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1/2 C mayo
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium pan melt the butter and saute onions and garlic until onions are soft
- Add in spinach and stir for about 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted
- Remove from heat
- Stir in artichokes, cream cheese, mayo, cheeses
- Put into an ungreased 1 1/2 Qt. dish
- Bake for 24-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly
- Remove and add chopped pecans to the top and and return to oven and bake for 10 more minutes
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.