Artichoke Spinach Dip with Chopped Pecans is a delicious appetizer. The addition of pecans to a favorite appetizer adds flavor and texture.
I love a good artichoke dip.
I have shared a couple of yummy recipes here on the blog. There was Artichoke and Spinach Dip and Roasted Garlic and Artichoke Dip. Both are so good. Since I live by the philosophy that you can never have too many good recipes I have another variation on a theme for you today.
The ladies in our neighborhood had a belated Mother’s Day luncheon last week. We like to sit outside so we had to wait for a day when it wasn’t raining. That day finally arrived last Friday so we jumped at the chance to get together. Everyone was asked to bring a salad or a dessert. I decided to bring an appetizer – I’m a rebel like that.
I don’t think anyone was disappointed though.
This recipe was shared by my friend Rachel. Rachel knows a good recipe when she sees it.
This version uses cheddar cheese and is topped with chopped pecans. Yum!
So if you have a holiday party or BBQ to go to this week and you are asked to bring a salad or dessert bring this instead. I promise everyone will be glad you did.
I served it with a sliced baguette. But it would be great with crackers or even some veggies. As a matter of fact, it would be good just straight, right off the spoon too!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 C finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 C fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 1 14 oz. can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1/2 C mayo
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium pan melt the butter and saute onions and garlic until onions are soft
- Add in spinach and stir for about 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted
- Remove from heat
- Stir in artichokes, cream cheese, mayo, cheeses
- Put into an ungreased 1 1/2 Qt. dish
- Bake for 24-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly
- Remove and add chopped pecans to the top and and return to oven and bake for 10 more minutes
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!