Artichoke Dip with Chopped Pecans is a delicious appetizer. The addition of pecans to a favorite appetizer adds flavor and texture.
I love a good artichoke dip and I have shared a couple of other ones here on the blog. There was Artichoke and Spinach Dip and Roasted Garlic and Artichoke Dip. Both are so good and since I live by the philosophy that you can never have too many good recipes I have another variation on a theme for you today.
Hot Artichoke Dip
You can pretty much depend on the fact that there will be at least one artichoke dip show up at every party you go to. A lot of times that dip is the cold variety, which is fine but the hot version is the best. I love it fresh, right out of the oven so if I am taking it to a party I often call the host ahead of time and ask if I can use the oven when I get there and will finish the last ten minutes of baking at the party. This dip always seems to be one of the first appetizers to disappear at every party! When I’m asked to bring an appetizer to a party I almost always bring an artichoke dip because I want to make sure there is one there!
Artichoke Spinach Dip Ingredients
- Artichoke Hearts
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
How to Make Artichoke Dip
- Melt the butter and add in garlic and onions, saute until soft.
- Combine mayo and cheese.
- Mix onion mixture, mayo/cheese mixture, spinach and artichoke hearts together.
- Place in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 24-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans and return to oven for 10 more minutes.
What to Serve With This Dip?
- Sliced baguette
- Tortilla Chips
- Celery Sticks
- Carrot Sticks
Can I Make Artichoke Dip Ahead?
This is the perfect make ahead appetizer. Make it the day ahead and keep it refrigerated. Remove from the refrigerator about 30-60 minutes hour before baking to let it come to room temperature.
Although I think it is best served warm it is also delicious cold. It also reheats perfectly.
So if you have a gathering or BBQ to go to this week and you are asked to bring a salad or dessert bring this instead. I promise everyone will be glad you did.
More delicious dip recipes:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Artichoke Dip Recipe
Artichoke Dip with Chopped Pecans
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 cups fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 14 oz. artichoke hearts one can, drained and chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium pan melt the butter and saute onions and garlic until onions are soft
- Remove from heat
- Stir in artichokes, cream cheese, mayo, cheeses
- Put into an ungreased 1 1/2 Qt. dish
- Bake for 24-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly
- Remove and add chopped pecans to the top and and return to oven and bake for 10 more minutes
Originally shared May 26, 2011
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!