This recipe for White Chocolate Candy Corn Popcorn is one that I posted on the blog several years go. Somehow it disappeared. I’ve had that happen with a couple of recipes and not sure why but this is too good to lose.
The recipe starts with 2 packages of microwave popcorn. You can totally use airpopped or stove popped popcorn as well. I love the added salt and buttery taste the microwave popcorn adds over plain airpopped corn.
I used Wilton Melts because they melt easier and smoother than white chocolate chips but you could also use almond bark.
I like to add in something sweet (candy corn and marshmallows) and also something salty(peanuts but pretzels are also great) The salty items helps to somewhat balance out all that sweet!
Melt your white chocolate in the microwave or on the stove top and mix into popcorn, stirring to coat evenly.
Spread onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with candy corn, peanuts and marshmallows.
Melt orange melts and or chocolate melts or chips and put each one into a ziploc bag and clip off the tip and drizzle chocolate over popcorn. Be generous. This chocolate helps hold the candy and nuts down.
Or you can just use a fork too.
Allow the chocolate to set and harden up and then break apart into pieces.
I love the sweet and salty combination of this popcorn.
Warning though – it can be a bit addictive. Once you start eating it, it is hard to stop.
- 2 pkgs. microwave popcorn, butter kind (16 cups popped corn)
- 12 – 16 oz. white chocolate chips, melted
- ¾ C candy corn
- ¾ C peanuts
- 1-2 C mini marshmallows
- 6 oz. orange melts, melted
- 6 oz. chocolate chips, melted
- Pop popcorn, remove unpopped kernels.
- Put popcorn in a big bowl.
- In separate bowl, melt white chocolate.
- Pour over popcorn and mix to coat popcorn.
- Spread onto two jelly roll pans or cookie sheets line with wax paper.
- Sprinkle with candy corn, peanuts and marshmallows
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to set up.
- Break into pieces
Shared at: Or so she says…*Be Different, Act Normal *It’s Overflowing*Positively Splendid*