This is my Friday post. Yes, I know it is Saturday. And if I wait just a little longer it could be a Sunday post!
I have finally figured out why I have had such a hard time getting this post done, beside the fact that is ”Show Week” around here which involves a lot of hair braiding, picture taking and musical theater watching.
For the last two weeks I have been trying to cut sugar and carbs out of my diet – it has been hard. I am a self proclaimed sugar addict. Today’s recipe would not have been allowed on my diet the last two weeks.
The very thought of today’s recipe makes my mouth water. I am drooling on the key board as I type!
I knew it would be hard to look at the photos so I have been avoiding writing this post but I have finally gotten my courage up and will withstand the temptation to go downstairs and stuff my little face with some wonderful, delicious carbohydrate!! Oh, how I miss carbs and sugar!
Pioneer Women’s Olive Cheese Bread was part of our Valentine Dinner and can I just say YUM!!!
I love bread. I also love any bread that is covered in warm, gooey, melted cheese. Throw in some olives, green onions and butter and who can resist!! PW added in pimentos also but I knew no one would eat it at my house if I did so they were omitted!
This is going to be a short post, my willpower is getting weaker! Just know – you want to make this bread.
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 6 ounces, Pimiento-stuffed Green Olives
- 6 ounces, Black Olives ( I used one small can of sliced olives)
- 2 stalks Green Onions (scallions)
- 1 stick Butter, Room Temperature
- ½ C Mayonnaise
- ¾ pounds Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated
- Roughly chop both black olives and pimiento-stuffed green olives. Slice green onions into thin pieces.
- Combine butter, mayonnaise, cheese, olives and green onions in a mixing bowl
- Stir together until thoroughly combined
- Spread mixture onto French bread that has been sliced lengthwise
- Bake at 325ºF for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and browning
- Mixture can also be refrigerated