This Fresh Peach Pie is just like mom makes because it is her recipe!
I am now the proud mother of one married son and a new daughter! The wedding in Arizona was perfect (a little hot) and we are thrilled. Thanks To Kristy of The Diary of Daves Wife for guest posting today while I now gear up for our Wedding Carnival in two weeks. I’ll be back later this week to share the family dinner we hosted in Arizona and a few wedding pictures. You are going to love Kristy. She is darling and has a passion for polka dots!! So excited for you to meet her.
I am beyond thrilled to be visiting Your Homebased Mom today.
I absolutely Adore Leigh Anne and would love to be just like her when I grow up.
My name is Kristy, but you can call me Daveswife.
And you can read all about me at The Diary of DavesWife
A Place where I spill it ALL.
Today I am here to share with you a Family Favorite Recipe!
As a child, we had a peach tree in our back yard that produced the yummiest peaches every year.
My mom would make everything from Peach Jam, to Peach Cobbler, but
My very Favorite was her Peach Pie.
If you ask me, NOTHING says summer like a slice of Fresh Peach Pie!
I can remember many birthday’s when this Pie was requested as
The Special Birthday Treat.
And of course it tastes the best when topped with a big dollop of Vanilla Ice Cream.
Here is how to make it:
First prepare the crust.
I have found the easiest way to make a pie crust in with my food processor.
If you don’t have one, you can easily mix your dough recipe by hand as well.
Once your dough is formed, split it into 2 pieces and cover in
plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
While your crust is chilling,
Prepare your filling.
Start by removing the skins of your peaches and slicing them.
The Tapioca Pudding in the mix is the ingredient that will help to thicken your pie filling.
It is flavorless, so if you aren’t a fan of Tapioca, don’t worry! You won’t even know it’s in there!
After you filling is combined,
Roll out your Pie dough and fit it to a 9″ pie plate.
Pour in your filling and dot with butter.
Lay the top crust over the pie making sure to flute the edges, and vent the middle.
Bake at 425 degrees for about 40-45 minutes.
And you will have a lovely Fresh Peach Pie that will knock the socks off your Friends and Family!
Mom’s Fresh Peach Pie
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3¾ C all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp sugar
- 1½ C (3 Sticks) of unsalted butter
- ½ C - ¾ C Ice water
- ¾ C of Sugar
- 2½ TBSP of quick cooking Tapioca Pudding Mix
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 5 C of fresh sliced Peaches with skins removed
- (about 5-6 fist sized peaches)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Almond Extract
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter
- Place flour, salt, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor, process until
- combined. Add butter, and process until mixtures resembles course meal. (About
- -15 seconds) With the machine running, add the ice water in a slow, steady
- stream through the feed tube, just until the dough starts to hold together. Do
- not process for longer than 30 seconds. Test dough by pinching a small
- amount, if it is still crumbly add a little bit more water.
- Turn out dough onto a floured work surface, and divide into 2 equal parts.
- Try not to over work the dough. Place each piece tightly in plastic wrap, and
- flatten into a disk. Refrigerate at lease 1 hour before using.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium bowl combine Sugar, Tapioca Pudding
- Mix, Nutmeg, & Salt. Add to sliced peaches to coat evenly. Sprinkle on Lemon
- Juice, and Almond Extract. Pour into prepared pie crust. Dot with butter, and
- lay on your top crust. Flute edges, and cut steam vents into middle of pie.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until peaches are tender and crust is golden brown.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!