Since I started the week out with a lemon recipe – pink lemonade cupcakes, I thought I would just keep up the lemon trend.
You know what a fan of lemon I am.
Today’s recipe is a Lemon, Fruit and Spinach Salad that my daughter had at a friends. She came home raving about it and brought the recipe with her! I’ve trained her well.
The weather is getting warmer here in Portland (although I’m enjoying the warm weather in Utah right now) and some days it feels like summer might actually be on it’s way. This salad says summer to me.
The sugared almonds and the dried cranberries give it plenty of crunch and good texture too.
- Spinach, 12 oz.
- ¾ C craisins
- 1 green apple, diced
- 8-10 strawberries, sliced
- Sugared sliced almonds, 3 oz.
- ½ C sugar
- ½ canola oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon zest
- 4½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ Tbsp mustard seeds
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend together
- Toss spinach with dressing and layer rest of ingredients on top.
- Serve immediately
- Soak apple pieces in some lemon water to keep from going brown
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!