Yesterday I shared with you my fun new project – from your kitchen….to my kitchen. I have had some yummy recipes come in but I could use some more so please find a favorite recipe to send my way and it just might end up on the blog!!
Like I said in yesterday’s post I love it when my friends share recipes with me – a recipe is the best gift.
Last week while we were at the beach our neighbors came down to join us for the day and my neighbor Sheri brought her Nordy Bars because she remembered how much Logan liked them. She is such a sweetie.
Back in 2008 I shared Sheri’s recipe for Nordy Bars with you after she brought them to a neighborhood ladies gathering. I think I ate half the plate that night and of course demanded she give me the recipe, which she did! They are now a family favorite. That next holiday when the then college boy was home for the holidays he asked Sheri when she was going to make him some Nordy Bars. Well – one day before the end of the break Sheri came bearing gifts – Nordy Bars.
The name comes from Nordstroms and is a yummy treat they use to serve at the Nordstrom Cafe. I love a good Copy Cat Recipe and this is one.
These bars are yummy, gooey and rich. Full of chocolate chips, marshmallows and butterscotch chips. As you melt the butter, butterscotch chips and brown sugar don’t worry if it looks a little strange or the butter separates out. It will be o.k. – just proceed forward.
Be sure to allow the mixture to cool before adding in the chocolate chips and the marshmallows. Then spread it into a 9 x 13 pan.
They may not be one of the prettiest bar cookies I have ever made but they are DELICIOUS! And all that deliciousness makes up for their lack of pretty.
For some other yummy bar cookie recipes check out these:
For a list of where I Link Up each week go here.
- ½ C butter
- 1 pkg. butterscotch chips (12 oz.)
- ½ C brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ C flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pkg. semisweet chocolate chips (12 oz.)
- 2 C miniature marshmallows
- In medium sauce pan melt butter, add butterscotch chips and brown sugar. Stir until melted (this may look a little strange but it will be o.k)
- Remove from heat, add eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add vanilla and set aside and cool.
- When cool stir in chocolate chips, marshmallows and nuts if desired.
- Spread in an ungreased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350.
- Remove and cool - they will be soft and gooey when you take them out - they will set up as they cool. Enjoy!