Shabby Apple Giveaway Winner.
Congratulations to #58 Lana who said: “I love the Aloha, so pretty! And you wouldn’t even have to be in Hawaii to wear it!” Contact me with your information Lana and happy shopping!
Dinner in under fifteen minutes? Really!
My mom is a big fan of the TV show Chew. I have never actually seen it but she raves about it all the time and one of these days I’m going to watch. Maybe when I’m done working on the Wedding Carnival!
She has sent me several recipes that she has seen them prepare on the show and they are always delicious and this recipe was no different. We loved it. We try a lot of new recipes at our house but sometimes you try one that everyone loves and everyone repeatedly says how much they love it, including myself. We loved the Chicken Amandine Recipe she sent.
Not only did I love it because it was super quick and easy to prepare but it was delicious. I was especially anxious to try it because the recipe uses butter and a few weeks ago I participated in a conference call with a group of bloggers and the rock star blogger herself – Pioneer Woman. Pioneer Woman was sharing with us the ways she has started using and incorporating Land O’ Lakes new Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt into her cooking.
We tried the butter last week and it is delicious! It combines the flavors of butter and olive oil with a touch of sea salt. Yum! You can use it on just about everything. I have started incorporating it into my recipes that feature butter and love the flavor. But my favorite way to eat it is just spread on bread. So good.
Land O’Lakes has a recipe page you can visit for lots of ideas on how to use the new product. Land O’Lakes is sponsoring a great giveaway here on the blog. This is a fun one! Keep reading for details.
But first you are going to want to try the new butter with olive oil and sea salt with this recipe.
The recipe uses boneless thighs with the skin on. I could only find them with the bone so I cut the bone out. You can leave the bone it but it will take longer to cook so you might not have dinner in under ten minutes. This recipe would also be delicious with boneless chicken breasts. You want the skin on though because that is the star of the recipe. The nice brown, crispy skin that forms.
After removing the bone pound the thigh into a uniform thickness. It will also cook faster this way. Give it a nice sprinkle of salt and pepper on both sides.
You are then going to add 4 Tbsp olive oil and 3-4 garlic clovesto your frying pan. You do not have to remove the skin from the garlic, just smash it a bit and throw it in. It is just to give some flavor, you are not going to eat it. I used my trusty old cast iron pan. Get the oil nice and hot and add in the chicken, skin side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the skin is nice and brown and crispy. Turn over and cook the other side another 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Time may vary depending on how thin your chicken is.
After chicken is cooked through remove from pan to a plate. Drain off most of the oil and toss the garlic cloves. Add in 4 Tbsp butter, 1/4 C almonds and stir until they begin to brown.
Add in 1 handful of chopped flat leaf parsley. Add in the juice of l lemon and the grated lemon zest from the lemon.
Pour the butter mixture over the chicken.
I served it with rice and the rice just soaked up the yummy buttery juices from the chicken.
Not only was the flavor amazing I loved the crunch and texture that the crispy skin and the almonds gave the dish.
This was definitely a winner at our house and I can’t wait to make it again!
And now for The Pioneer Woman’s Cooking Essentials Kit Giveaway! This is a fun one folks!
Ree’s Cooking Essentials Kit includes:
- One copy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes From an Accidental Country Girl
- One copy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier
- Ree’s favorite kitchen tools-a flat whisk, slotted spoon, and tongs
- One coupon for Land O’Lakes Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment on this post telling us: “What is your favorite recipe that uses butter?”
1. Join Your Homebased Mom on Facebook. Leave a separate comment letting us know you did so.
2. Subscribe to Your Homebased Mom via email. (subscription box on the front page of the blog) Leave a separate comment letting us know you subscribe via email.
4. Follow Your Homebased Mom on Pinterest. Leave a separate comment letting us know you follow.
The giveaway is open until Tuesday, July 3rd at 11:59 p.m. PST.The giveaway is only open to U.S. residents. Be sure a valid email address is included with your comment(s).
Disclosure Statement to Include
Disclosure: The author received a gift package from Land O’Lakes, including two cookbooks, a whisk, a slotted spoon, tongs and a full-value coupon redeemable for LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.
And now for the recipe (This is a long post!)
Recipe adapted from The Chew.
Chicken Amandine Recipe
- 4 chicken thighs (boneless with skin on, slightly pounded)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 C sliced almonds
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3-4 garlic cloves, smashed with the skin on
- salt and pepper
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper
- In a skillet over medium high heat add olive oil.
- Place chicken into oil skin side down and cook for 3-4 minutes or until skin is crispy and brown.
- Turn and cook other side of chicken until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan to a plate.
- Drain off most of the oil
- Add in butter and allow it to melt and foam.
- Add in nuts and stir until nuts begin to brown.
- Add in parsley and lemon juice and zest. Stir for a minute
- Pour over the top of chicken