For our annual Beach Babe and their Boys Valentine dinner I prepared some of my favorite “stand by” appetizers. Ones I know everyone will love.
Above picture – The Beach Babes enjoying my appetizers. One of our beach babes Patrice was visiting her sick daddy so wasn’t with us – we missed you Patrice!
One of my favorite appetizers, the one I make more than any other appetizer is Roasted Garlic and Artichoke Dip – yum! You can serve it with sliced baguette or crackers or just eat it by the spoonful. There are lots of artichoke dip recipes out there – the secret ingredient that makes this one so good is roasted garlic.
If you have never roasted garlic before I recommend that you pay a visit to Pioneer Woman Cooks blog (one of my favorite food blogs) and her beautiful pictorial and instructions for roasting garlic. I used roasted garlic in several of the appetizers I made so I roasted about 6-7 heads of garlic.
- 1 (6.5 oz.) jar marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup reduced fat or regular mayonnaise
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 head roasted garlic, mashed
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the above together
- Place in a 1 quart glass dish
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp. paprika on top
- Bake 20 minutes or until bubbling in a 375 degree oven
- Serve with pita bread, baguette, crackers or vegetables
This is super easy and super yummy!
- Cambozola Cheese
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Olive Oil
- I bought a yummy wedge of cambozola cheese from Costco (this is a combination of a French soft-ripened triple cream cheese and Italian Gorgonzola)
- I filled a ramekin with some sliced roasted red peppers I bought at Trade Joes and filled another ramekin with some of that roasted garlic.
- I thinly sliced a baguette, brushed the bread with some olive oil and toasted it.
- Easy and yummy - a Cambozola Cheese Platter!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!