7-Up Biscuits

I’m back and ready to share lots of fun recipes I tried out last week while the kids were home.  I cooked a lot and it was so much fun.  My kids like to eat and I love to cook for them.

Their last night home I fixed a nice big dinner (so I fixed a nice big dinner every night!) and we enjoyed the perfect Portland weather as we ate on the patio.  I had picked up a pre marinaded tri tip at Costco which was delicious and so easy.  Broccoli Salad, grilled artichokes, fingerling potatoes,  and roasted peppers stuffed with artichoke dip were the side dishes and there was home made ice cream for dessert. Dinner was almost ready and I realized I didn’t have a bread to go with dinner.  So I pulled today’s recipe out of my file – 7Up Biscuits.  I found it over a year ago over at Plain Chicken.  Now that I have tried it I wish I hadn’t waited so long!!

7-Up Biscuits

Let’s just say recipes don’t get much easier than this.

All you need is some Bisquick, 7Up, a little butter and some sour cream.  Fortunately I had a bottle of 7Up in the pantry.

7-Up Biscuits

The combination may be a little strange but let me tell you the biscuits are not!

What you get is an incredibly light and fluffy biscuit.  They practically melt in your mouth!

7-Up Biscuits

Let’s just say they disappeared  – fast!  The recipe made about 8-9 good size biscuits.  An 8 x 8 pan full so you might want to consider doubling the recipe!!

They really don’t need anything else but of course a little bit of butter always makes everything better.

7-Up Biscuits

You may also want to check out these other biscuit recipes here on the blog:

Angel Biscuits

The Best Biscuits

Garlic Cheese Biscuits

Pecan Sour Cream Biscuits

7-Up Biscuits

7-Up Biscuits

• 2 C Bisquick
  • ½ C sour cream
  • ½ C 7-up
  • ¼ C melted butter
  1. Add sour cream into Bisquick and mix together
  2. Add 7 Up-the dough will be very soft.
  3. Sprinkle additional Bisquick onto the counter and gently pat the dough out to desired thickness (about 1 inch)
  4. Use the bottom of a glass or a biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits.
  5. Place melted butter into 9 x 9 pan. Place biscuits on top of butter
  6. Bake in a 450 oven until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.

Comments

1. Tauna says

My kids love biscuits. I think I will try this one tonight. Also, I just read a great book that I thought you might enjoy. Maybe you have heard of it, “A Year on Ladybug Farm” by Donna Ball. It is about three women who go in together and buy an old historic home in Virginia. The book describes their adventures as they renovate it and all the people they meet and help along the way. There is a second book also “At Home on Ladybug Farm.” I was reminded of you when I read these and thought you might enjoy them. Have a great day!

Thanks for the book recommendation. I’ve gone on and requested it from my library already. Can’t wait to read it – sounds like something I will love! Enjoy those biscuits!!

Lisa, You are so sweet to ask. I am doing pretty well. It’s actually just felt like Tessa is away at camp. She was at school for only 12 days and then came home with her 3 siblings for our week at the beach and she and Cali will be back for two week during the break between terms in August so I don’t think it will really feel like an empty nest until September. We’ve had had company this week so the nest isn’t too empty!!

Whoa, 7Up in biscuits? I’ve heard adding up 7Up on a meat dish (probably for some added acidity) but not on pastry… until this! Very interesting and looks yummy. :)

3. loriel cook says

My 12 year old son helped me make these, they were easy, fun and SO yummy!! Thanks, I love the recipes you post, they are ALWAYS a hit!! You have great taste and know how to keep it simple, yet delicious!!!

4. Teri Crawford says

I’m so excited to start getting you news letter! I love all of your inexpensive, and cute decorating ideas! My recipe book is getting too full. I think I’ve printed off almost everything you’ve posted! Thank you for sharing :)

5. Susan M. says

Thank you for sharing this recipe! The biscuits turned out light and fluffy and very easy to make.

6. Melinda says

I just made these this morning for the kids and they LOVED them! So fluffy and moist without being doughy! And…I used the leftover Sprite from making crock pot pulled chicken. :)

Wow, I have all these ingredients and I wanna try these out tonight. Question, are these biscuits a little sweet? With the 7 UP and the bisquick, I would think they would be.

So glad I found your blog, adding you to my favorites! (^_^)

8. MB Roberts says

My only question is how do you get them to hold form to get them to the pan. They fell apart trying to get them in. They smell amazing as they cook, but cooked together in the pan. Any ideas?

9. ellen says

THEY WERE GREAT WAS THEONLY THING Y DID’NT MAKE IT TILL DINNER TIME THEY’ WERE GONE BEFORE DINNER.. I WILL MAKE THEM AGAIN FOR EASTER.

10. Staci says

I love these biscuits! I always make them using Light sour cream and they are still perfect! Today I tried using diet sierra mist (trying to cut a few more calories) and I do NOT recommend it. They tasted good, but didn’t get nearly as light and fluffy! I think I’ll just have to make them with regular sprite from now on! Thanks for posting this yummy recipe!

11. Heather says

Love LOVE LOVE these! Turned out fantastic. We had them with some broasted chicken and potato salad… Here in the Uk…. Biscuits aren’t really understood… They see them lie scones and wouldn’t have them with dinner! But I’m an American girl and I MISS MY BISCUITS with dinner on occasion! I’ve done the KFC copycats etc.. And they’re ok… But this recipe is soooo simple! And ohhh so good.

I saw the BBQ pulled chicken mentioned above and gotta give that a try too!

As to those that had trouble with these… GENEROUSLY dust your surface with bisquick and kneed in a bit more so they are less sticky and they will hold together lovely in the pan.

12. Angie says

I am trying your biscuits and so far they look great baking!!!! I am sure my fam will love them!! :) Thanks for the recipe.

13. David says

I make Bisquick biscuits all the time and am pretty good at it. I want to try this right away, just gotta know… why the melted butter in the bottom of the pan?

14. Dawn says

Made these tonight. My dough was really wet after adding the soda (I used Mountain Dew). So much so that I couldn’t lift them after cutting them, do I dumped the dough back in the bowl and added more biscuit mix until it was a soft dough. They didn’t rise as much as I had hoped but the taste and texture were incredible. even need butter on them. The Mountain Dew was a little flat, maybe that’s why they didn’t rise much. Will definitely try them again.

15. Jan says

For the 7-Up biscuits, does the melted butter go in the bottom on the pan with the biscuits on top or does the melted butter go on top of the biscuits? Thanks!

16. KJ says

I made these this Sunday and they were perfect!!!! I will experiment with garlic or parsley or cheese next time.