Deliciously easy Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken is a great addition to your dinner rotation. It’s better and easier than take out and guaranteed to become a family favorite.
Every season is a good season for using the crockpot.
In the summer, it is great to have a delicious meal ready without heating up your kitchen. In the fall, when everyone is so busy, an easy meal you can prepare in the morning and let cook all day is just right.
There’s nothing better than walking into the house after a crazy busy day and smell dinner cooking. Teriyaki Chicken is a perfect family meal to make in your crock pot. Everyone will love how it tastes and you will love how easy it is to make.
It doesn’t get much easier than slow cooker teriyaki chicken.
How to Make Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Place chicken in slow cooker. I like to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs because I find them more flavorful and a juicer cut of chicken. You can use chicken breasts if you prefer.
- Mix together teriyaki sauce and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours. I prefer to cook my chicken over low. You can cook it for longer if needed but I definitely recommend using thighs if you need to cook it longer as chicken breasts have a tendency to dry out more when cooked for longer.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and place on a plate and shred.
- Strain liquid left in slow cooker. Place liquid in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Mix together water and cornstarch and add it to boiling mixture. Reduce heat and allow mixture to thicken.
- Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and pour thickened sauce over and stir to combine.
- Keep teriyaki chicken warm in the slow cooker until ready to serve on warm setting.
My favorite way to serve slow cooker teriyaki chicken is over rice with a sprinkle of green onion and sesame seeds. It would be wonderful with some stir fried veggies too.
It is quick and easy just like any crockpot recipe should be. Isn’t that why we use our crockpot?
Can I make Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken in the Instant Pot?
Yes! You can read all about how to convert a slow cooker recipe to the Instant Pot in this post I wrote.
For this recipe I would suggest High Pressure for 10 minutes with a quick release. Remove the chicken and shred. Add the sauce ingredients into the Instant Pot and turn to saute, allow sauce to thicken. Pour over shredded chicken.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Check out more of my easy family dinners:
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
If you’ve tried this Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Originally posted Oct. 10, 2011