Deliciously easy Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken is a great addition to your dinner rotation. Your family will love it.
Every season is a good season for using the crockpot. In the summer, it is great to have a delicious meal ready without heating up your kitchen. In the Fall, when everyone is so busy, an easy meal you can prepare in the morning and let cook all day is just right. I love using my crockpot and smelling dinner cooking all day long. Teriyaki Chicken is a perfect family meal to make in your crock pot. Everyone will love how it tastes and you will love how easy it is to make.
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken is quick and easy just like any crockpot recipe should be. Isn’t that why we use our crockpot? We want dinner to be quick and easy! Serve it over rice with a little sprinkling of green onion and sesame seed. It would be great with some stir fried veggies too!
Chicken can sometimes get dry when cooked in a slow cooker, but this recipe uses boneless, skinless chicken thighs. So the meat is always nice and moist. And the cooking time is only about 3-4 hours on low for this recipe, so you will be enjoying dinner in no time!
Check out more of my favorite easy family dinners:
Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs about 3 pounds
- 3/4 C sugar
- 3/4 C soy sauce
- 6 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 1/2 tsp cold water
- Place chicken in a 4 qt. crock pot.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid or put it through a mesh strainer.
- Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickened.
- Serve with chicken and rice.
- Note: I halved the recipe and it still worked fine in my crock pot. I kept the amount of sauce the same and it was done in about 2 1/2 hours.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.