Turn your favorite soda pop into soda ice cream with only 3 ingredients!
It’s still a bit cold and rainy here in Portland, Oregon but we are looking forward to some warm sunny summer days. One of my favorite ways to celebrate summer is with homemade ice cream or a icy cold bottle of my favorite soda. So why not combine the two! Today’s Soda Ice Cream Recipe is the perfect combination of cold soda and ice cream. It may or may not get up to 95 degrees in Portland any time soon but we can still enjoy soda pop ice cream.
Soda Ice Cream Ingredients
This ice cream recipe is easy to make and only requires three ingredients.
- Soda. Use your favorite flavor. I love orange or red cream soda but any flavor will work.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- Whole Milk. Whole milk will give you a creamier ice cream then 2 percent or something else.
I picked three of my favorite flavors of soda pop to experiment with. My first, was of course, root beer. It totally reminded me of the root beer whirls we use to get at The Spot Drive In in Kenosha, Wisconsin where the girls roller skated out to our car and hung the tray on the window!
And then I used orange for a yummy orange creamsicle flavor effect! One of my favorite flavors of all times.
And then I tried another of my favorite soda flavors, Black Cherry. I loved it.
How to Make Ice Cream with Soda
- Pour four cups of your favorite soda into a bowl along with one can of sweetened condensed milk. Make sure the soda is cold, it will freeze easier and faster if it is cold. If you forget to chill the soda in the fridge, just put it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add one cup of whole milk. I definitely recommend using whole milk. This is an icy ice cream so the whole milk adds some creaminess.
- Pour the mixture into ice cream maker and process according to manufacturers directions.
- This is my favorite table top ice cream maker.
After the ice cream is done churning, I put it into this insulated ice cream tub in the freezer to let it harden up. It will have a soft serve texture right out of the ice cream maker.
How to Serve Soda Ice Cream
Add some whipped cream and a maraschino cherry!
Soda Ice Cream is one of the easiest ice creams you can make and it’s the perfect way to enjoy one of your favorite soda pops! This icy, cold, delicious treat is perfect for a hot summer’s day! What flavor will you try first?
Try some of my other favorite ice cream recipes here:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Soda Ice Cream
- 4 cups cold soda pop any flavor
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into 2 qt. ice cream maker.
- Freeze as directed
- Place in freezer after finished to harden up
Originally posted June 26, 2012