Snickerdoodle Muffins Taste Just Like Eating a Snickerdoodle Cookie for Breakfast.
The last year we had children living at home I made muffins every Monday. It is one of the things I wanted to do to make the year feel special. I decided I could be sad and depressed about the looming empty nest or I could celebrate this last year by creating special moments at every opportunity.
Snickerdoodle Muffin Recipe
One thing we have tried to do as a family since our children started school years ago is to read scriptures together in the morning before they went out the door.
So I decided on Monday mornings when we sat down to read I would have warm, fresh muffins for breakfast. Children are much more willing to participate when there are fresh muffins served!
How to Make Cinnamon Sugar
The crunchy sweet sugar/cinnamon topping on this muffin melts in your mouth and is my favorite part of the muffin!
Combine 1/3 cup of sugar with 1 Tbsp cinnamon and toss to combine.
How to Make Snickerdoodle Muffins
- Mix up Batter. Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another. Pour wet into dry and mix until just combined.
- Fill Muffin tin. I use this scoop to fill my muffins 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with a cinnamon sugar mixture for that crunchy, sweet sugary topping that makes these muffins so amazing. Be generous with the topping, the more the better as far as I’m concerned.
- Bake at 375 degrees f. for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy warm!
If you love cinnamon, the crunchy sweet sugar cinnamon topping on these muffins will make you very happy.
How to Freeze Muffins
You can freeze muffins in an air tight, freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
How to Reheat Muffins
After bringing them to room temperature, pop them in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Too much time in the microwave can make the muffin tough so be careful.
For some of our other favorite muffins check out these:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Snickerdoodle Muffin Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine softened butter, sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla
- Mix well
- Combine this mixture with the dry ingredients and mix lightly just until combined
- Do not over mix
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar for muffin topping
- Fill your muffin tins with batter and then top each muffin with the cinnamon/sugar mixture -Use a lot!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
Originally posted Oct. 4, 2010