This delicious french dip sandwich is so easy to make using your slow cooker.
Did you know I wrote a slow cooker cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
***If you love EASY and DELICIOUS meals that you can make for your family in your slow cooker, please join me over on Instagram where I share ALL slow cooker recipes! Hope to see you there! Find me on Instagram at @slowcookerrecipelove ***
Ever since I was young my favorite hot sandwich has been a french dip sandwich. As a kid I thought dipping my sandwich into that rich au jus as so fun! I still do! Yum. Today’s version is made in the slow cooker and the rosemary and thyme seasoning give it a nice rich flavor.
The best part is – it’s easy. I made this on Sunday. Put it in the crock pot in the morning and by the time we were home from church (4:00) it was ready to eat. All I had to do was shred the meat, toast the buns and melt some cheese on top and we were good to go.
The au jus is made from the remaining broth and juices after you cook the meat. Just strain the liquid to get rid of any pieces of meat or fat that may be in there.
I like to serve it on a toasted bun. I just butter the roll and then toast it in a frying pan. Pile on the meat and then melt some cheese on top under the broiler. I prefer provolone but this time we had pepper jack and it was delicious! Gave it a slight little kick.
I hear there is a big football game coming up and this would be a perfect meal for game day!
Other yummy sandwich ideas:
- Roasted Red Pepper Chicken and Pesto Sandwich (slow cooker)
- Chicken Caprese Sandwich
- Cheesesteak Sandwich with Peppers
My favorite kitchen tools to use for SLOW COOKER FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES:
SLOW COOKER – My favorite one is the classic, the Rival CrockPot. In fact, I love it so much I own three of them. Two 6 qt and one 4 qt.
CROCK POT LINER BAGS – These liner bags are a life saver and make clean up so much easier and faster! Stock up on them!
HOLIDAY SLOW COOKER COOKBOOK – For more delicious slow cooker recipes check out my new cookbook – 100 recipes!
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich
- 1 - 3-4 lb. chuck roast remove excess fat
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 1/4 C water
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 2 C beef broth
- 1/2 tsp dried crushed rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 TBSP minced onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 6-8 french rolls
- 6-8 slices of cheese provolone is my preferance
- Remove excess fat from roast.
- Sprinkle with Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Brown in heavy pan with 2 tsp olive oil. Brown on both sides
- Place in crock pot
- Mix together soy sauce, beef broth, water, peppercorns, rosemary, thyme, garlic, onion
- Pour mixture over roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5-6. Cook until tender and easy to shred.
- Shred with a fork and the place on sandwich buns.
- Strain remaining juice and use for dipping
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!