Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is the perfect addition to Your Favorite Ravioli Dish
If you love the flavor of roasted red peppers than you will love this roasted red pepper ravioli.
I was recently sent some free samples of ravioli from Pasta Prima. I was familiar with their product as I had been buying their chicken and mozzarella ravioli from Costco for years! When it arrived at my door I immediately knew what I was going to do with it. I wanted to recreate a delicious roasted red pepper ravioli we have enjoyed at a local restaurant here in Portland.
How to Roast Red Peppers
I love the flavor of roasted red pepper. You can purchased roasted red pepper at the grocery store but it is so easy to roast your own and the flavor is so much better.
Just slice them in half, removes the seeds and then brush them with some olive oil. Put them on a cookie sheet and place them under your broiler. Let them broil until the skin turns black and they begin to soften.
You then place them in a brown paper bag and let them steam for about 5 minutes. The skins will loosen up and they will shrivel up a bit.
The skins should easily pull right off.
Dice the peppers up and you are ready to make your creamy, delicious roasted red pepper sauce.
You saute up the garlic, basil and red peppers in a little olive oil and then pop the whole thing in the blender. Be careful because it will be warm. After it is blended up put it back in your pan and add in the half and half and the cheese. Once it is all melted, add in some butter and season with salt and pepper. Easy and so good.
It is now ready to pour over your ravioli of choice. I had a choice of chicken and mozzarella (my personal favorite) and a wild mushroom (my husband liked this one.)
We loved the flavor and the creaminess of the roasted red pepper sauce but if you are looking for something a little lighter, my favorite way to eat ravioli is with some browned butter and balsamic vinegar.
Roasted Red Pepper Ravioli Recipe
Roasted Red Pepper Ravioli
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2-3 Tbsp onion
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 C fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1- 1 1/2 C half and half
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 C grated Romano or Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler. Cut peppers in half and remove seeds. Lightly coat the peppers with olive oil and place cut side down on cookie sheet. Place under broiler until skin is blackened and softened. Place in a paper bag an alllow to steam for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the peppers and cut into small pieces.
- In a frying pan saute the garlic, sliced basil, red peppers and onion in olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix corn starch and half and half together well, no lumps.
- Place mixture into blender (be careful it will be hot, leave the lid of blender slightly askew but not enough so that it will spray out) Mix to desired consistency.
- Put mixture back in frying pan and heat to a boil. Add in half and half to the desired consistency.
- Add in cheese and cook until cheese melts. Stir in butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes. If it thickens too much add some additional half and half.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.