Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is the perfect addition to Your Favorite Ravioli or Pasta.
If you love the flavor of roasted red peppers than you will love this roasted red pepper ravioli. You can also enjoy roasted red peppers in this delicious Roasted Red Pepper Soup. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is another yummy option and Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta is a fun twist on the tomato version.
Roasted red pepper cream sauce is the perfect addition to store bought ravioli. A delicious dinner in no time. The cream sauce can be made ahead of time and added to the cooked pasta right before serving dinner.
How to Roast Red Peppers
I love the flavor of roasted red pepper. You can purchase roasted red peppers in a jar at the grocery store but it is so easy to roast your own and the flavor is so much better.
- Slice peppers in half, removes the seeds and then brush them with some olive oil.
- Place on a cookie sheet cut side down and place them under your broiler. Let them broil until the skin turns black and they begin to soften.
- Place them in a brown paper bag and let them steam for about 5 minutes. The skins will loosen up and they will shrivel up a bit.
- Skins should easily pull right off.
- Dice the peppers up and you are ready to make your creamy, delicious roasted red pepper sauce.
- Saute the garlic, basil and red peppers in a little olive oil in a frying pan.
- Put mixture into the blender. Be careful because it will be warm.
- Put blended mixture back into your pan.
- Add in the half and half and the cheese. Stir until cheese melted and mixture is smooth.
- Once it is all melted and smooth, add in some butter and season with salt and pepper.
How to Serve Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
My favorite way to serve the sauce it is over a cheese or meat ravioli. But you can also serve it over any size or shape of pasta if you prefer a meatless version. You will loved the flavor and the creaminess of the roasted red pepper sauce.
Other favorite pasta dishes:
- Browned butter and balsamic vinegar
- Brown Butter Pasta
- Pesto Chicken Pasta
- Spicy Tomato Pasta
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2-3 Tbsp onion
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup grated Romano or Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler. Cut peppers in half and remove seeds. Lightly coat the peppers with olive oil and place cut side down on cookie sheet. Place under broiler until skin is blackened and softened. Place in a paper bag an alllow to steam for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the peppers and cut into small pieces.
- In a frying pan saute the garlic, sliced basil, red peppers and onion in olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix corn starch and half and half together well, no lumps.
- Place mixture into blender (be careful it will be hot, leave the lid of blender slightly askew but not enough so that it will spray out) Mix to desired consistency.
- Put mixture back in frying pan and heat to a boil. Add in half and half to the desired consistency.
- Add in cheese and cook until cheese melts. Stir in butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes. If it thickens too much add some additional half and half.
Originally posted August 12, 2011