Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Frosting are hands down my favorite pumpkin treat! And once you try this pumpkin cookie recipe, I am sure you will feel the same way!
It is pumpkin season. And if you doubted it just look on Pinterest! So in keeping with the flavor of the season I decided I needed to share my absolute favorite pumpkin cookies with you. Everyone that ever tries them declares them the best cookies they have ever had! I am not sure if it is the soft yet chewy pumpkin cookie or the maple frosting that pushes them over the top, but the combination in unbeatable.
Even though I call it maple frosting, the truth is there is no real maple. But the boiled brown sugar gives the frosting a delicious maple flavor.
These cookies are moist and delicious and the frosting makes them even better. I also like to add a cup of chocolate chips to the cookies and then you can frost them or leave the frosting off. You can find my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie version here.
You will want to frost the cookies when they are slightly warm so that the frosting melts and becomes like a maple glaze.
Give these pumpkin cookies a try and see if they don’t become your new favorite!
Some of my other favorite pumpkin recipes include:
Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Frosting
- 1/2 C butter melted
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C bread flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C milk
- 2 C powdered sugar
- Mix together sugars and butter, then add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of pumpkin cookie batter onto non-greased cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Boil 3 Tbsp butter and 1/2 C brown sugar until mostly smooth (Approx. 2 to 3 minutes)
- Cool and add 1/4 C milk and 2 C powdered sugar or until desired consistency and whip with hand mixer until smooth
- Spread onto cookies