Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies are the perfect blend of flavor and texture . They are chewy, gooey, rich and worth every calorie!
If you are a fan of chocolate and peanut butter, these are for you. Also, be sure and check out these Levain Bakery Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookies , Peanut Butter Blondies with Peanut Butter Cups and these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Match Made in Heaven
Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven, they were born to be together. When you add in cream cheese and marshmallows to the combo, all I can say is – WOW! This recipe is definitely one of those “worth the calories dessert.”
For me, the ratio of peanut butter to chocolate is very important.
In addition to peanut butter the recipe also uses regular size Reese Peanut Butter Cups. I had a bag of little miniature peanut butter cups in my freezer that I used. I think next time I would use the regular size ones because you will get a stronger peanut butter flavor. The miniature ones were cute but there was not enough peanut butter. They are more chocolate than peanut butter.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- Brownie Mix – The beauty of this recipe is that it uses a boxed brownie mix. If you have a homemade brownie mix you like, you can definitely use that. You want the brownies to be chewy.
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Swirl – After adding spoonfuls of the peanut butter and cheesecake mixture use a knife to swirl it through the brownie mix. I went back and forth in a S shaped movement. Don’t overdo it, you don’t want to over mix the peanut butter into the brownie.
- Marshmallows – After baking the brownies for 30-32 minutes at 350 degrees F. remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with marshmallows, chocolate chips and peanut butter cups and return to oven for 2-3 minutes. Leave in the oven just until the marshmallows start to puff, if you leave them in too long they will start to melt. You want puffed marshmallows, not melted. As you will notice in the photo below, I left mine in a little too long.
- Drizzle – After removing from the oven, allow the brownies to cool and then add a peanut butter drizzle for even more peanut butter goodness. Just warm the peanut butter i the microwave and use a fork to drizzle.
- Cool and Cut . Allow the brownies to cool and set up before cutting, it will make it easier to cut.
Do I Need to Refrigerate Cheesecake Brownies?
Because of the cream cheese, you want to keep any leftover brownies in the refrigerator and the brownies will last longer if they are refrigerated. But is there really such a thing as a leftover brownie??
For more delicious treats try these:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies Recipe
Originally posted April 2, 2008.
If you’ve tried these Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!