Delicious banana cupcakes with homemade cinnamon cream cheese frosting are easy to make. They will be a hit with all of your banana bread lovers!
I don’t like bananas. It’s a texture thing for me but I do like the flavor of bananas and banana in things as long as they are mashed up. How do you feel about bananas? If you aren’t a banana fan either, give these cupcakes a try. You may just change your mind.
These banana cupcakes are one of my favorite ways to eat a banana. To be honest, I really eat them for the cinnamon cream cheese frosting, it’s amazing!! The cupcake is nice and moist, lightly spiced with cinnamon frosting.
How to Mash a Banana
I usually put the bananas into my food processor and pulse it a few times. I like to make a banana puree because I don’t like chunks of banana. If you like your banana chunky just pulse once or put the bananas in a bowl and take a fork and smash them up a bit.
You can also use the mixer you are using to make the cupcakes. Just add in the bananas first and use your paddle attachment to mash up the bananas. Remove the mashed banana into another bowl and mix your cupcakes batter up. No need to wash the mixing bowl.
How to Make Banana Cupcakes
These cupcakes are like eating banana bread only with a really yummy cinnamon cream cheese frosting on top! I am all about the frosting!
Because the cupcake looked a little plain on top I thought I would pretty them up a bit with some chopped pecans, now we have Banana Nut Cupcakes! If you aren’t a nut fan, just leave them off.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Like I mentioned already a few times, this is the best part of the cupcake.
Use room temperature softened butter and cream cheese to make sure you get a nice smooth consistency. Beat the butter and cream cheese together first until it is nice and smooth and then add in the remaining ingredients.
The addition of cinnamon to the frosting really takes it up a notch.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Banana Cupcake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas about 4 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Make a well in center of flour mixture
- In the well, mix together the butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla
- Stir to incorporate flour mixture, being sure not to over mix
- Spoon batter into muffin cups
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on a wire rack
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until everything is combined
- Add the vanilla and the cinnamon
- Ice the cooled cupcakes and enjoy!
- Makes 12 cupcakes