Today’s recipe is one of those recipes that have been around for decades. Your mother made them and probably your grandmother. Originally they were called a Seven Layer Bar because there were 7 layers of goodness in one bar cookie. Today we’re calling them Perfectly Pumpkin Gooey Cookie Bars.
I’ve made a few tweeks to the recipe and only used 6 layers. I left the coconut layer out because I’m not a fan of coconut.
To make the recipe quicker and easier I’ve used one of Pillsbury® ‘s new fall flavors that they sent me to try out. It comes in a cookie mix and a cake mix. I decided the new Perfectly Pumpkin cake mix would be perfect for the cookie bars. The other fun fall flavor is Caramel Apple. This recipe would work just as well with the Caramel Apple cake mix flavor. Pillsbury is all about helping us to Celebrate More and these new fall flavor products can do just that. Food is always an important part of any celebration at our house. When I recently asked my young adult children what some of their favorite recipes were that I made, the majority of those recipes were connected to a holiday.
So the cake mix was part of my first layer. The cake mix is combined with some butter and an egg. This layer is the first thing in the pan. Be sure and line your pan with foil and then spray with cooking spray to make removing the bars from the pan easier.
I then layered white chocolate chips, cinnamon chips and pecans on top of the dough. That is then topped with a can of sweetened condensed milk. This is what makes the recipe gooey! Then it is topped off with toffee chips.
Cinnamon chips can be a bit hard to find so if you aren’t able to find cinnamon chips try semi-sweet chocolate chips.
This recipe would work great with any of Pillsbury’s cake mix flavors. Just change up your chip flavor to match your cake mix flavor.
For lots of other yummy recipes check out Pillsbury’s site.
For more fall flavor goodness check out these:
For a list of where I Link Up each week go here
- 1 Perfectly Pumpkin Cake Mix or flavor of your choice
- 1/2 C butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 C white chocolate chips plus some extra to sprinkle on top
- 1/2 C cinnamon chips
- 1/2 C chopped pecans
- 1/2 C toffee bits
- 1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, butter and egg. Mix until combined
- Press mixture into the bottom of a foil lined, greased 9 x 13 pan
- Sprinkle with white chocolate chips, cinnamon chips and pecans.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top, covering evenly
- Sprinkle with toffee chips
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- I sprinkled a handful of white chocolate chips onto the bars the last five minutes of baking to make them look prettier.
- Cool completely before cutting.
This post is sponsored by Pillsbury but all opinions are my own.
©/® The J.M. Smucker Company. Pillsbury is a trademark of The Pillsbury Company, LLC, used under license.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!