Pear Cake is delicious taste of fall made with fresh pears and a cinnamon drizzle on top.
I love to bake and share what I bake. I served today’s recipe for this yummy Pear Cake at a neighborhood party and it was a big hit. Folks kept coming back to sneak a piece. And the neighborhood kids were kind enough to keep asking if it was okay to have seconds. Nothing says, “that was delicious” quite as well as an empty plate.
Fresh Pear Cake
This cake is packed with juicy pears and yummy fall flavors like pecans and cinnamon. It’s not hard to see why this cake disappeared quickly. This cake is perfect for dessert, a snack or even for breakfast.
How to Make Pear Cake
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together the wet ingredients which include buttermilk, eggs, Karo® Light Corn Syrup , oil and vanilla. The sweetness and texture of the syrup helps create a moist and delicious cake.
- Fold in the pears and the nuts into the batter and pour into a greased 8 x 8 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F and then allow it to cool.
- Drizzle with cinnamon glaze after it has cooled for extra flavor.
Then enjoy it with friends!
Can I Use Apples Instead?
This cake would be delicious with apples. I like a nice crisp, tart apple such as Granny Smith or HoneyCrisp.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Fresh Pear Cake Recipe
Pear Cake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Oil corn, canola or vegetable
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups chopped peeled pears
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk sugar, buttermilk, egg, egg white, corn syrup, oil and vanilla in a large bowl. Gradually stir in flour mixture until smooth. Fold in apples. Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
GLAZE: Combine powdered sugar and milk; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake, if desired.
Originally shared October 28, 2015