Peanut Butter Blondies are a peanut butter lovers dream. Add peanut butter to a traditional blondie and then top them off with peanut butter cups!
How to Make Peanut Butter Blondies
Mix your wet ingredients together first. Beat your butter, peanut butter and sugar together until they are nice and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
Mix all your dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and then add into wet ingredients. The trick is to not over beat your peanut butter blondies. Combining the dry ingredients together first helps prevent overmixing. Mix just until combined.
Add the mixture to a 9 x 13 prepared pan. Be sure the pan is greased or lined with parchment paper. I prefer parchment paper because then I can lift the blondies out of the pan to slice them.
Evenly place your peanut butter cups on the batter and press into the batter. I used 28 of the miniature peanut butter cups, placing them in a row of 4 x 7. Be sure and cut into 28 bars so that way you get a peanut butter cup in every square of peanut butter blondies!
Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Don’t over bake. I like my blondies a little chewy. Cool to room temperature and then drizzle with melted chocolate and peanut butter. I melt both in the microwave but you can also do so in a double broiler.
Allow the chocolate and peanut butter to set up before cutting into bars. Cut into 28 bars so that you end up with a peanut butter cup in each bar. You don’t want anyone to fell cheated!
Your peanut butter lovers are going to be in heaven and there is definitely enough chocolate in these to make your chocolate lovers happy too. I shared them with my neighbor because I knew I would eat way too many! This is the text I received, “Oh my, those peanut butter bars are amazingly sinful!” Guess she liked them!
Some of my other favorite bar cookies:
Peanut Butter Blondies Recipe
Peanut Butter Blondies
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 28 mini peanut butter cups unwrapped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips melted
- 1/3 cup peanut butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla, stir until combined.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Place batter into prepared pan.
- Press Reese's peanut butter cups into batter. Place in a 4 x 7 row. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and then drizzle with melted chocolate and peanut butter. Allow to set up before cutting.
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Leave a Review