I decided that the list wouldn’t be complete without an orange creamsicle muffin.
I played around with my basic muffin recipe a bit and came up with what I think is a pretty amazing orange creamsicle version. I usually limit myself to one muffin on Muffin Monday but these were so good I ate two (O.K., it was really three but not all at the same time!)
I used a combination of orange extract and juice from orange juice concentrate. I made a version with fresh orange juice but the orange flavor just wasn’t strong enough. The extract and OJ concentrate had better flavor. I did use fresh OJ and orange rind in the glaze I put on top. To give it that creamsicle taste I put in a cup of white chocolate chips. The perfect combination.
Orange just says spring to me. These muffins would be the perfect addition to any Easter breakfast or brunch.
- 1/4 C butter softened
- 1 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C orange juice from OJ concentrate
- 1 C white chocolate chips
- 1/4 C fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp orange zest
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add in eggs and extracts
- Combine dry ingredients and add to butter mixture alternating with OJ
- Gently fold in white chocolate chips
- Spray muffin tin or line with paper liners
- Fill 2/3 full
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes
- Combine all 3 ingredients and stir until smooth and desired consistency
- Drizzle over muffin while still slightly warm
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.