These crispy Lemon Roasted Brussels Sprouts are tossed with lemon, Parmesan and salt for a delicious side dish.
So I think I may have just begun a love affair with brussels sprouts. I can’t believe it has taken me this long to finally give them a try. My first try at brussels sprouts was this recipe for Teriyaki Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts which is delicious!!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
If you are a non believer when it comes to Brussels Sprouts I just have one thing to say to you – try it! Seriously, they have a totally bad rap. So they may look a little strange the way they grow and they may look like little baby cabbages (because they are) but when they are prepared the right way they are yummy!
How to Make Lemon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Cut brussels sprouts in half.
- Coat with olive oil, salt and sugar.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake them at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Turn them so the browned crispy side is up. You can do this by shaking the pan or using a spatula. Add in some lemon slices and roast for another 5 minutes or so until they are fork tender. Time will vary depending on the size of your brussels sprouts.
- Remove from oven and drizzle them with a mixture of lemon zest, butter and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Yum!!
I think Lemon Roasted Brussels Sprouts would be a perfect side dish for Easter dinner or brunch.
For some other delicious veggie recipes try these:
- Teriyaki Glaze Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan and Pine Nuts
- Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Lemon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 lbs. brussels sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lemon cut into rounds
- 1 tsp butter melted
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl combine sprouts, olive oil, sugar and salt and toss to coat.
- Pour onto baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Roast for 10 minutes and then turn sprouts and add lemon slices.
- Roast for an additional 10 minutes or until sprouts are golden and tender.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, pepper and lemon rind.
- Drizzle over roasted sprouts.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese to serve.