Korean Grilled Beef is full of amazing flavor and so quick and easy to throw on the grill!
We’ve been keeping that new grill of ours busy this summer. Between the grill and the slow cooker I haven’t turned my oven on except to do a little baking now and then. Remember that yummy blueberry pie? That was worth turning the oven for.
Flank steak is one of our favorite cuts of meat. I usually just pop it into some kind of marinade overnight and then onto the grill it goes. The perfect kind of summer meal.
Today I’ve got a YHM version of Korean Grilled Beef. It uses a combination of soy sauce, sugar, garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil and some seasoning.
I just pop it all in a zippered bag and then add the meat to marinade for a few hours or overnight. The trick to perfection with this dish is a nice hot grill. I heat our grill up to about 350-400 degrees F. and pop the meat on. Let it grill for about five minutes on one side and then 5 minutes on the other side.
This will leave the meat nice and pink in the inside. If you like your meat cooked a bit more just leave it on the grill longer.
I then slice it nice and thin against the grain.
Add a few more sprinkles of sesame seeds and some sliced green onion for some nice color.
Serve it with some rice or some roasted potatoes. I also served it with some fresh green beans out of the garden. Delicious!
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Green onion and sesame seeds for garnish
- Mix together soy sauce, sugar, garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Place in a zipper plastic bag along with the steak and marinade 1 hour to 24 hours. I prefer overnight.
- Heat grill to a high heat.
- Grill beef for about 5 minutes on each side for a medium finish. Grill longer for more well done meat.
- Slice meat thinly against the grain.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.