Homemade Healthy Granola has the perfect combination of texture, crunch and sweetness. Use it on top of ice cream, yogurt or eat it by the handful.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Albertsons. All opinions are 100% mine.
A good healthy granola is perfect for breakfast, for snacking or for gift giving. It’s easy to make and so much better than store bought granola.
This holiday season I am gifting jars of granola to friends and neighbors. It is a nice change from the traditional cookie or candy plate and a little more healthy.
Thanks to Albertsons and their amazing selection of exclusive brands they have everything I needed for my holiday baking and granola making. Baking with my girls is one of my favorite holiday traditions and this granola is at the top of the list this year.
Healthy Granola Ingredients
- Signature SELECT™ Fashioned Oats. Don’t use the Quick Oats, there is a difference in nutritional value and in texture.
- O Organics® Syrup.
- Brown Sugar
- Open Nature® Slivered or Sliced Almonds
- Open Nature® Pecan
- O Organics® Cranberries
- Coconut Flakes
- Coconut Oil
How to Make Healthy Granola
- Combine oats, nuts, fruit and brown sugar into a bowl and toss to combine.
- In another bowl combine water, melted oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Pour the liquid over the dry mixture and stir until well coated, all of the liquid will not absorb into the oats
- Place mixture onto a large baking sheet. Bake in a 275 degree F oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Set timer for 40 minutes, and then open oven and stir granola. Bake for another 30-40 minutes until granola is a golden brown. Watch it carefully the last 30 minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- The granola may not seem really crisp when it first comes out of the oven but it will crisp up as it cools.
- After it cools, store the healthy granola in an air tight container.
Albertsons has all you need for the holidays, not only can you pick up your holiday meal and baking ingredients but you can also find your flower and gift needs all in one place.
I love their debi lilly design™ line of flowers and gift items. I was able to attend a virtual event with Debi Lilly where she shared so many easy and affordable ways to add thoughtful touches to your holiday food and gifts. Of course flowers is one of those way. Picking up a bouquet of flowers at your local Albertsons store for your holiday table or to drop off on someone’s door step to bright their day is so easy.
Debi shared with us how to go from “grocery to gorgeous.” I picked up this beautiful debi lilly design™ Alpine frost bouquet of flowers along with the lovely vase at my local Albertsons store. No floral arranging skills needed thanks to the beautiful premade bouquets. I used a few of the pieces of green from the bouquet to add a little special touch to my jars of granola I am gifting this season. So pretty and easy.
You can create lots of different flavor variations of healthy granola by adding in or substituting ingredients.
- Nuts. Add in your favorite nuts. I have used walnuts, pepitas or whatever nut is hanging out in my cupboard. If you have a nut allergy, leave the nuts out.
- Seeds. Often I will add in sunflower seeds or flax seed for some extra texture.
- Fruit. Raisins, golden raisins, dried apricots or any kind of dried fruit will work well in granola.
- Maple Syrup. You can also use honey if you prefer.
- Extract. I also like to use almond flavoring or a combination of vanilla and almond.
- Oil. You can also use canola oil or olive oil.
- Other add ins. Adding in some mini chocolate chips after the granola has cooled adds a bit of goodness to it.
Albertsons also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop! Shop Albertsons exclusive brands from debi lilly design™ and Signature SELECT®, Lucerne®, Open Nature® and O Organics® for your holiday décor, gifting and meals.
Check out more of our favorite breakfast recipes:
- 5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup almonds slivered
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl combine oatmeal, coconut, almonds, pecans, cranberries and brown sugar. Stir to combine
- In smaller bowl combine maple syrup, water, melted coconut oil, salt and vanilla.
- Pour liquid mixture over oatmeal mixture and stir to coat.
- Spread oatmeal mixture onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake in a 275 degree F. oven for 40 minutes. Stir, Bake for an other 30-40 minutes. Check i every ten minutes. You want it to be golden brown.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Leave a Review