Easily create your own chocolate decorations in any shape or size to garnish cakes, cupcakes and more at home.
Making your own chocolate garnish for cakes and cupcakes just like you see in the fancy bakeries is easier than you think! Today I’m going to show you how to use it for Valentines with hearts and the word Love but you can use it for so much more! Once you have the technique the possibilities are endless! Here are a few ways that I have used them in the past:
What Kind of Chocolate Do I Use?
I usually use Wilton Melts because they melt easily and smoothly. You can also use chocolate chips but you may need to add a little vegetable oil to the melted chocolate chips to make them smooth enough to pipe.
How to Make Chocolate Decorations
- Melt chocolate or chocolate melts in the microwave.
- Spoon into a piping bag with a small round tip. You can also use a plastic squeeze bottle.
- Don’t forget to close off the end or you will end up with a mess like I did because I forgot to close off the end!!
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Hold the bag upright and at a slight angle and write. Use a nice even pressure on the bag as you write. Be sure that all of your letters are connected so they dry as one piece. Write words or make shapes. Use your imagination!
- Make a template of the words or shapes you want and put it under the wax paper if you are afraid to do it freehand.
- After you are done, put them in the refrigerator to harden up and after they are hardened, remove from the wax paper and store in an airtight container. I keep mine in the refrigerator until I am ready to use them.
Just think of all the fun things you can make!
Here are a few ways I used the chocolate garnish:
Leave a Review